Items to impound

ms74coach
Has thanked: 0

Items to impound

Post by ms74coach »

Hi Forum, besides impounding the roller coaster and the vehicle sphere, do you need to impound spare parts, tools, and data/ notes? I can't tell if that's an optional or requirement based on the manual and the checklist. In the checklist, 2a states "One Roller Coaster (a track that guides a ball/sphere), at least one ball/sphere, tools, spare parts, and data/notes are impounded before the start of the competition" If a team does not impound data/ notes, then its considered a "No." When you input a "N" for no on the roller coaster score sheet for 1. Rollercoaster impound you get tier 3. Any thoughts? TIA
cbrant554
Division: C
State: IN

Re: Items to impound

Post by cbrant554 »

ms74coach wrote:Hi Forum, besides impounding the roller coaster and the vehicle sphere, do you need to impound spare parts, tools, and data/ notes? I can't tell if that's an optional or requirement based on the manual and the checklist. In the checklist, 2a states "One Roller Coaster (a track that guides a ball/sphere), at least one ball/sphere, tools, spare parts, and data/notes are impounded before the start of the competition" If a team does not impound data/ notes, then its considered a "No." When you input a "N" for no on the roller coaster score sheet for 1. Rollercoaster impound you get tier 3. Any thoughts? TIA
You need to impound anything that you are going to use so if you want to use spar parts, tools, and data/notes I would recommened you put them in a carrying case and impound all of it when you impound the rollercoaster. I dont think anywhere on the rules it says that you need data/notes but if you want to use it impound it.
ms74coach
Has thanked: 0

Post by ms74coach »

cbrant554 wrote:
ms74coach wrote:Hi Forum, besides impounding the roller coaster and the vehicle sphere, do you need to impound spare parts, tools, and data/ notes? I can't tell if that's an optional or requirement based on the manual and the checklist. In the checklist, 2a states "One Roller Coaster (a track that guides a ball/sphere), at least one ball/sphere, tools, spare parts, and data/notes are impounded before the start of the competition" If a team does not impound data/ notes, then its considered a "No." When you input a "N" for no on the roller coaster score sheet for 1. Rollercoaster impound you get tier 3. Any thoughts? TIA
You need to impound anything that you are going to use so if you want to use spar parts, tools, and data/notes I would recommened you put them in a carrying case and impound all of it when you impound the rollercoaster. I dont think anywhere on the rules it says that you need data/notes but if you want to use it impound it.
Yeah I figured that would be the case but I remember a person posted that his team got tiered 3 because of not impounding notes. I guess it's up to the ES on how they interpret the checklist.
DragonTownEpic
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by DragonTownEpic »

I'd just impound everything you will use.
I CAN DAB AT COMPETITIONS AGAIN :x :x :x
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

DragonTownEpic wrote:I'd just impound everything you will use.
Yes. As some teams discovered at IL state last year, that includes your wristwatch. Don't look at it - impound a stopwatch.
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by sciolyperson1 »

knightmoves wrote:
DragonTownEpic wrote:I'd just impound everything you will use.
Yes. As some teams discovered at IL state last year, that includes your wristwatch. Don't look at it - impound a stopwatch.
Is that why Marie Murphy got Tiered/DQed?
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

sciolyperson1 wrote: Is that why Marie Murphy got Tiered/DQed?
Yes (although I think they used a cellphone as a timer rather than a wristwatch). I think at least two other teams got tiered for using wristwatches.
DragonTownEpic
State: CA

Post by DragonTownEpic »

knightmoves wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote: Is that why Marie Murphy got Tiered/DQed?
Yes (although I think they used a cellphone as a timer rather than a wristwatch). I think at least two other teams got tiered for using wristwatches.
A cellphone??? Just get one of these!
[url]https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Multi-function-Electronic-Stopwatch-Resistant/dp/B01FVTQGRK/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=stopwatch&qid=1552107419&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-5[/url]
I CAN DAB AT COMPETITIONS AGAIN :x :x :x

Return to “Roller Coaster B”