MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: RI

Re: Battery buggy B

Post by MadCow2357 »

muhammad123 wrote:thank you and sorry madcow
No problem, and I should be the one apologizing. Sciolyperson is right in the fact that overrreacted ;)
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Re: Battery Buggy B

Post by MadCow2357 »

Probably not the place for this, but @retired1 and @Hopelessnewbie have you received my PMs about buggy? Just wanted to make sure that they went through, because they were sent a while ago.
retired1 wrote:nothing
Hopelessnewbie wrote:nothing
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
ElGuapo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ElGuapo »

What would be the ideal length of the vehicle? Mine is about 16" long and even then the smallest shift in the steering makes a big difference (btw...I am not using a caliper steering).
Do I need to make it a little longer? Did anyone max the allowed length?
Anyone willing to share how long their device is and if they are happy with the steering etc... Thanks!
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by MadCow2357 »

40 cm. Using caliper steering and having some problems with the gears meshing.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

MadCow2357 wrote:40 cm. Using caliper steering and having some problems with the gears meshing.
Thanks for sharing madcow! Mine is about the same length too. Should I try making it a little bigger or you think it might hinder passing through the cans.
Thanks!
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by MadCow2357 »

ElGuapo wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote:40 cm. Using caliper steering and having some problems with the gears meshing.
Thanks for sharing madcow! Mine is about the same length too. Should I try making it a little bigger or you think it might hinder passing through the cans.
Thanks!
No need, not like it gives you any significant benefit in doing so. Passing through the cans is one thing, but increasing the length will also increase your weight which is not the best thing.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by sciolyperson1 »

MadCow2357 wrote:
ElGuapo wrote:
Thanks!
No need, not like it gives you any significant benefit in doing so. Passing through the cans is one thing, but increasing the length will also increase your weight which is not the best thing.
Of course there's a benefit of a longer buggy. A longer buggy means that you can more precisely measure the starting angle of the buggy, which makes the buggy a lot more accurate.
Increasing the length does increase the weight, but for many, weight doesn't matter much. Weight makes the car go slower, which in turn makes the car more consistent. Skid is also decreased.
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

MadCow2357 wrote:
ElGuapo wrote:
Thanks!
Thank you!! Appreciate the input!!
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

sciolyperson1 wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote:
ElGuapo wrote: Thanks for sharing madcow! Mine is about the same length too. Should I try making it a little bigger or you think it might hinder passing through the cans.
Thanks!
Of course there's a benefit of a longer buggy. A longer buggy means that you can more precisely measure the starting angle of the buggy, which makes the buggy a lot more accurate.
Increasing the length does increase the weight, but for many, weight doesn't matter much. Weight makes the car go slower, which in turn makes the car more consistent. Skid is also decreased.
Thanks!! I see what you mean. I’m doing fine speed wise. So even if it slows a little I should be ok, I think. How long is your device? I believe there’s been a mention of the length twice on this forum and both devices (including MadCow’s) are 40 cms. Does anyone one have a longer buggy and hows it working out. One of my concerns is that a long buggy’s tail might touch a can while passing through, especially on a ‘sharper’ curve like 9 mts.

Return to “Battery Buggy B”