State: VA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Vehicle Thickness

Post by dragonfruit35 »

sciolyperson1 wrote:
windu34 wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:
Did your EV ever tip over?
No, but my EV was pretty heavy and had a pretty low center of mass. Battery buggys will should be much lighter since you guys dont have as much battery capacity to work with. I would be less worried about tipping over and more worried about losing vast amounts of precision in steering and aiming. Off the top of my head, decreasing wheel base will also have negative effects with torque steer and the smallest imperfections in the floor can be devastating with really small wheel bases.
Other than the wheelbase - mine is 32cm btw - would the wheel diameter affect anything?
If you're talking about the diameter of the wheels themselves, the larger they are, the bigger their circumference, so the farther the buggy travels with each rotation of the axle. Depending on how you're braking, this can be less precise (if you're using a wingnut brake you will most likely have to use some weird fraction of a rotation, whereas perhaps with a smaller wheel you could use a whole number). Of course, larger-diameter wheels will also lead to the vehicle moving faster, albeit with less torque.
tjhsst '20
virginia tech '24
2x codebusters national medalist

"it's not a pen, it's a principle!" - annie edison
megrimlockawesom
Division: C
State: NC
Has thanked: 0

Post by megrimlockawesom »

What materials are y'all using? I kinda want to know
Ok this is epic 8-)
Events 2018: Battery Buggy (3rd at Nats), Rollercoaster (18th at Nats), Ping Pong (1st at states)
Events 2019: Codebusters, Ping Pong Parachute (2nd at Regionals OVERALL), Thermodynamics
Events 2020: Sounds of Music, Designer Genes, Ping Pong Parachute
vehicleguy

Post by vehicleguy »

megrimlockawesom wrote:What materials are y'all using? I kinda want to know
I'm combining the back of an r/c car I tore apart (for the motor) with pieces from an old erector set.
AHHS '22 Vanderbilt '26
2022 Events: Chem Lab, Envi Chem, It's About Time, Orni, PPP, Wright Stuff
2022 States: 3rd Envi Chem, 3rd Orni, 4th Wright Stuff
Userpage- https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Vehicleguy
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

Aluminum angle bars 3/4", dial caliper, T40 banebots wheels.

By the way, does anybody have 4 green T40 wheels 2 7/8" they are willing to sell?
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
builder83
Been thanked: 0

Post by builder83 »

Aluminum tubing. T40 wheels. My connections and bearing mounts are 3d printed. Scope mount, motor mount printed also. Threadstock of course for axles. Bolt adjustment no caliper. Probably will only use 4 batteries.

Madcow, did you call on the 2 7/8 t40s? Maybe if there are enough requests.... they will make more?
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by MadCow2357 »

builder83 wrote:
Aluminum tubing. T40 wheels. My connections and bearing mounts are 3d printed. Scope mount, motor mount printed also. Threadstock of course for axles. Bolt adjustment no caliper. Probably will only use 4 batteries.

Madcow, did you call on the 2 7/8 t40s? Maybe if there are enough requests.... they will make more?
I've called multiple times... no answer... I really have no idea what's going on at Banebots... :( :( :( :( :( :(
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
DarthBuilder
Division: Grad
State: IL

Post by DarthBuilder »

MadCow2357 wrote:
builder83 wrote:

I've called multiple times... no answer... I really have no idea what's going on at Banebots... :( :( :( :( :( :(
I’ve called and someone did pick up. They told me they are no longer selling them.
Deleted
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by MadCow2357 »

DarthBuilder wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote:
builder83 wrote:

I’ve called and someone did pick up. They told me they are no longer selling them.
Well then... anybody have the T40s I described above that they're willing to sell?
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
DarthBuilder
Division: Grad
State: IL

Post by DarthBuilder »

MadCow2357 wrote:
DarthBuilder wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote: I've called multiple times... no answer... I really have no idea what's going on at Banebots... :( :( :( :( :( :(
Well then... anybody have the T40s I described above that they're willing to sell?

I have 2 in meh condition. The rubber is fine. But there is glue and rubber stoppers glued to it so your choice I guess.
Deleted
Division: B
State: OH

Post by 35368 »

yall mine is just 5x40 cm w a slightly larger wheelbase lol

Return to “Battery Buggy B”