Mystery parts in Battery Buggy kit

Rezilient
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mystery parts in Battery Buggy kit

Post by Rezilient »

Hi guys. We ordered the "official" BB Base and BB Add-on kit from Ward's Science. We completed the base build but there are some parts that look like they are for mounting the motor but we cant figure out how it should come together. The instructions that came with base kit only describe getting the frame, wheels and mechanical braking system together. Does anyone have a diagram or picture of how the motor could be mounted using this kit? Below is a picture of the parts I'm referring to. Thanks!

MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: RI

Re: Mystery parts in Battery Buggy kit

Post by MadCow2357 »

Rezilient wrote:Hi guys. We ordered the "official" BB Base and BB Add-on kit from Ward's Science. We completed the base build but there are some parts that look like they are for mounting the motor but we cant figure out how it should come together. The instructions that came with base kit only describe getting the frame, wheels and mechanical braking system together. Does anyone have a diagram or picture of how the motor could be mounted using this kit? Below is a picture of the parts I'm referring to. Thanks!

Those circular thingies could be wheel hubs, but from my understanding you already assembled the wheels so it might not be. If you hadn't built the buggy already, I would say those brackets are for the frame. So I'm gonna guess that they are ways to adjust the curve on your buggy, because of the elongated machine screw holes. As for the bottom two pieces, they look like motor mounting pieces too, but it's hard to tell without the motor. Any chance you could post a picture of the motor?
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
goscioly

Post by goscioly »

Hi, related question on Kit, does the Kit have caliper steering needed for bonus? Can you post some pictures of the kit or from manual, that will be helpful. Thanks.
Rezilient

Post by Rezilient »

goscioly wrote:Hi, related question on Kit, does the Kit have caliper steering needed for bonus? Can you post some pictures of the kit or from manual, that will be helpful. Thanks.
It does not have a digital caliper or anything like that. However the axle is on a "slide rail" which allows for easily moving it back and forth which is nice.

In my opinion the kit wasn't worth the money spent, but hindsight = 20/20 :)
brian9640
State: OH

Post by brian9640 »

Look at the website www.topfinishkits.com. You will find the additional parts and their suggested use listed on the website.

Return to “Battery Buggy B”