States

kaurs
Division: B
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: States

Post by kaurs »

Anyone have any tips for states? I am not doing the bonus, but my run time is about 5 seconds, and the distance from the target point varies from about 20 cm - 60 cm.
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

kaurs wrote:Anyone have any tips for states? I am not doing the bonus, but my run time is about 5 seconds, and the distance from the target point varies from about 20 cm - 60 cm.
The best way to improve is to just test over and over so you can improve your accuracy. But "tips" aren't all that helpful to improving your scores. You could clean your wheels and the track before running your buggy, or use a pre-run checklist, but those things don't help you improve a ton. Other than testing, you might see a large improvement in scores if you modify (or even rebuild) your buggy I suppose. But depending on the time you have before states, that may not be a viable option.

The forums can't really help you with testing your buggy, but it is a great place for ideas. If you are planning to rebuild and improve upon your design, PM me some pictures of your buggy and I'll see what I can do.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
kaurs
Division: B
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by kaurs »

Ok, Thanks for offering me your help!
I´ll PM you if I have trouble :)