Gliders Competition

Aerolympiad
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gliders Competition

Post by Aerolympiad »

Hello, I'm a former ELG and Wright Stuff competitor who just wanted to improve the quality of life of aeronautical event competitors :)

As a competitor, I was always struggling to find gym space to trim my planes and chances to practice competing under pressure, so I figured hosting an aeronautics competition would be a great opportunity for competitors to get a head start on preparing for the next Scioly season. In addition to a paper airplane competition that you can take part in, there will be a "Catapult Launched Glider" division (Note the original name) with rules where Scioly gliders will be legal. I did place in ELG at the 2015 Nationals in Lincoln, Nebraska, so I will also be hosting a workshop where I will be happy to provide pointers on construction, trimming, and competition.

In addition, I have extensive experience in Wright Stuff, especially torque burners (which I was brave-and stupid-enough to use at the 2017 Nationals at Wright State). For those interested in Wright Stuff, you can always come compete in our paper airplane division and I'll impart my knowledge - maybe even demonstrate my torque burner. ;)

The competition/workshop will be at Ladera Vista Junior High School in Fullerton, California on July 27th, 2019. I am in no way affiliated with Ladera Vista Junior High School or their Science Olympiad team.

Visit our website at https://aerolympiad.org/ (Yes, I built the glider on the front page) for more details, rules, volunteer opportunities, and more. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to email us at [email protected] .

I hope to see you soon!

Return to “Elastic Launched Gliders B”