JZhang1
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!

Post by JZhang1 »

sciolyperson1 wrote:
JZhang1 wrote:Medalling efficiency for div. C was 1942. To me it seemed like the testing device at nationals was on the slower and bendier side so it would make sense for the scores to be a bit lower. either way everyone shouldve been affected pretty much equally.
I agree that it was definitely slower - sand was the same though, right?
Ye same as previous nationals if thats what u mean
Ward Melville High School -> Princeton University
JZhang1
State: NY
Been thanked: 0

Post by JZhang1 »

DarthBuilder wrote:
JZhang1 wrote:Medalling efficiency for div. C was 1942. To me it seemed like the testing device at nationals was on the slower and bendier side so it would make sense for the scores to be a bit lower. either way everyone shouldve been affected pretty much equally.

It was definitely slower. Although, I like it a lot more when it’s like this. I’m not sure what you mean by bendier though.
Meant to say the testing wall bends forward a little during loading. Didnt notice it during testing but the video they sent me shows it pretty clearly
Ward Melville High School -> Princeton University
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

JZhang1 wrote:
DarthBuilder wrote:

It was definitely slower. Although, I like it a lot more when it’s like this. I’m not sure what you mean by bendier though.
Meant to say the testing wall bends forward a little during loading. Didnt notice it during testing but the video they sent me shows it pretty clearly
Haven't received my video yet? I did make sure to give them the correct email address.
Nats2019 wrote:
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by sciolyperson1 »

MadCow2357 wrote:
JZhang1 wrote:
DarthBuilder wrote:

Haven't received my video yet? I did make sure to give them the correct email address.
Nats2019 wrote:
I received my video yesterday. In addition, the supervisor is the one who sends out the email, definitely NOT the person behind nats2019. If you're this impatient, I'd suggest shooting an email to the boomi supervisor (their name is on the info packet everyone got)
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA

Post by bernard »

sciolyperson1 wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote:
JZhang1 wrote:
Nats2019 wrote:
I received my video yesterday. In addition, the supervisor is the one who sends out the email, definitely NOT the person behind nats2019. If you're this impatient, I'd suggest shooting an email to the boomi supervisor (their name is on the info packet everyone got)
Processing close to 120 videos and uploading them takes time. Sending the video within two weeks is a reasonable.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
JonB
Coach
Coach
State: FL

Post by JonB »

JZhang1 wrote:
DarthBuilder wrote:

I noticed that too. I know that this was talked about in a previous thread that I cannot find. It seems to be the "norm" when testing boomi. I think I might be more surprised to see a testing apparatus that doesn't bend at all. I actually made sure that our testing apparatus does bend slightly when testing in order to mimic what it is at most competitions.
JonB
Coach
Coach
State: FL

Post by JonB »

JonB wrote:
JZhang1 wrote:
DarthBuilder wrote:

I noticed that too. I know that this was talked about in a previous thread that I cannot find. It seems to be the "norm" when testing boomi. I think I might be more surprised to see a testing apparatus that doesn't bend at all. I actually made sure that our testing apparatus does bend slightly when testing in order to mimic what it is at most competitions.
Also, as a quick reminder (we know from personally experiencing this.....), the difference between ~50 places in Boomi at Nats can be 1mm. Yes, difficult to get context from the picture... but hey, Boomi is still an event next year....
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UUBwJk ... sp=sharing
dholdgreve
Coach
Coach
Division: B

Post by dholdgreve »

TheCrazyChemist wrote:First post (and maybe last) in a building forum, but this is just because I happen to know what the second place boomilever score for Div. B was. It was around 2700. Low of 2663 and high of 2775. I can't tell you definitively because my teammates said conflicted things on how much their boomilever held, but those are pretty much the scores. I'm not sure if I should give you details about it because boomilever is going to be an event next year and I'm not sure if my teammates would want that information disclosed.
Thanks "Crazy"
Ya, not looking for design details... just curious where all the Boomilever demi-gods were at, to give our kids a goal for next year.
Dan Holdgreve
Northmont Science Olympiad

Dedicated to the Memory of Len Joeris
"For the betterment of Science"
TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL

Post by TheChiScientist »

dholdgreve wrote:
TheCrazyChemist wrote:First post (and maybe last) in a building forum, but this is just because I happen to know what the second place boomilever score for Div. B was. It was around 2700. Low of 2663 and high of 2775. I can't tell you definitively because my teammates said conflicted things on how much their boomilever held, but those are pretty much the scores. I'm not sure if I should give you details about it because boomilever is going to be an event next year and I'm not sure if my teammates would want that information disclosed.
Thanks "Crazy"
Ya, not looking for design details... just curious where all the Boomilever demi-gods were at, to give our kids a goal for next year.
Uh if you want Div B you gotta be 2500+ to be mingling with the demigods. In Div C you have to be 2000+ to be on par with the demigods. Assuming the rules don't change much next year these ranges might only go up 500-1000 at most.
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
Cow481
Division: B
State: PA

Post by Cow481 »

Rip, I could maybe have gotten top three in boomi, but my team unfortunately didn’t make it this year
Medals
Invitationals: 9
Regionals: 5
States: 1
Nationals: 1

National Medals
2018: 5th in Towers
2019: Could have gotten top 3 in Boomilevers and Gliders if my team made it :cry:

Return to “Boomilever B/C”