PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!

Rossyspsce

Re: PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!

Post by Rossyspsce »

AlexDeKuang wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote: Wait how was first place 1200, and 20th and 21st both higher at around 1700.
Bolt for the block was too short so they were tiered for it, even after they were told it was ok
So if 1200 was the score after the tier, how did they still get first?
the two camas teams got tiered
AlexDeKuang
Division: Grad
State: OK
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AlexDeKuang »

Rossyspsce wrote:
AlexDeKuang wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
Bolt for the block was too short so they were tiered for it, even after they were told it was ok

Oh so 1700 was what they would have gotten?
RobertYL
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by RobertYL »

AlexDeKuang wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
AlexDeKuang wrote:

1700 was what they did get. Because they were tiered down, they were ranked lower than all teams who were not tiered down, irregardless of score.
scioly2345
Division: C
State: NY

Post by scioly2345 »

RobertYL wrote:
AlexDeKuang wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:

1700 was what they did get. Because they were tiered down, they were ranked lower than all teams who were not tiered down, irregardless of score.
Did they get tiered due to the 40-45cm loading point rule?
Also huge sorry to Camas cause those are some good effs.
If they can see this just extend your base! The MIDDLE of the loading block needs to be from 40-45cm from the wall!
2016-2019 Brother Joseph Fox Latin School
2020-2022 Kellenberg Memorial High School
2022 events - Bridge, Write It Do It, Wright Stuff
God Bless and Rest In Peace Len Joeris (Balsa Man)
“for the betterment of science”
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

scioly2345 wrote: Did they get tiered due to the 40-45cm loading point rule?
If they can see this just extend your base! The MIDDLE of the loading block needs to be from 40-45cm from the wall!
Um they didn't answer you question on why Camas got tiered in boomi? (Also most teams know that the center has to be between 40-45)
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

scioly2345 wrote:
RobertYL wrote:
AlexDeKuang wrote:
I'm not from camas but talking to both their team members, they were told that they would be able to run without the block without getting tiered, but I was there when the es told them that. Talking with their boom builders last night, they said that the proctor doesn't remember saying anything along those lines, so ig they're screwed. Yeah I feel really bad bc they had a lot of hours of hard work put in but to lose by 1 point after getting last in boom, since they got put in tier 3, it just sucks to see a team lose like that
scioly2345

Post by scioly2345 »

Rossyspsce wrote:
scioly2345 wrote:
RobertYL wrote:
I'm not from camas but talking to both their team members, they were told that they would be able to run without the block without getting tiered, but I was there when the es told them that. Talking with their boom builders last night, they said that the proctor doesn't remember saying anything along those lines, so ig they're screwed. Yeah I feel really bad bc they had a lot of hours of hard work put in but to lose by 1 point after getting last in boom, since they got put in tier 3, it just sucks to see a team lose like that
Why did they get tiered for the bolt, doesn’t the ES provide the entire load set up ?
Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

scioly2345 wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
scioly2345 wrote:
Why did they get tiered for the bolt, doesn’t the ES provide the entire load set up ?
The bolt was 2.5in, but they had accounted for a 3in bolt which was used at every competition, as far as I could tell, so they could not load block, and wingnut in the bolt
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

Rossyspsce wrote:
scioly2345 wrote: Why did they get tiered for the bolt, doesn’t the ES provide the entire load set up ?
The bolt was 2.5in, but they had accounted for a 3in bolt which was used at every competition, as far as I could tell, so they could not load block, and wingnut in the bolt
This year's rules do not specify a minimum length for the eyebolt, which means that building a design where you thread the shaft of the eyebolt through a hole in your boomilever runs the risk of having this happen - you encounter a legal test setup that doesn't leave space for you to insert your device between the loading block and the eye of the bolt.

I'm sure I've seen at least one setup this year with no spare space at all - the eye of the bolt was right up against the loading block, and there was maybe one thread protruding from the top of the wingnut.

I may as well note that I've seen some pretty chunky S-hooks in use - I've seen a few devices where the 1" eyebolt fit comfortably, but teams were struggling to get the S-hook in place. A maximum dimension is not specified for the S-hook and chain, and probably should be.
scioly2345

Post by scioly2345 »

knightmoves wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
scioly2345 wrote: Why did they get tiered for the bolt, doesn’t the ES provide the entire load set up ?
This year's rules do not specify a minimum length for the eyebolt, which means that building a design where you thread the shaft of the eyebolt through a hole in your boomilever runs the risk of having this happen - you encounter a legal test setup that doesn't leave space for you to insert your device between the loading block and the eye of the bolt.

I'm sure I've seen at least one setup this year with no spare space at all - the eye of the bolt was right up against the loading block, and there was maybe one thread protruding from the top of the wingnut.

I may as well note that I've seen some pretty chunky S-hooks in use - I've seen a few devices where the 1" eyebolt fit comfortably, but teams were struggling to get the S-hook in place. A maximum dimension is not specified for the S-hook and chain, and probably should be.
How did they still test and get 1700s with this problem?
Sorry I keep asking questions on this I’m just curious lol

Return to “Boomilever B/C”