PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!

Locked
Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 228
Joined: March 12th, 2017, 7:19 pm
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!

Post by Raleway » January 29th, 2019, 9:21 pm

Pretty sure booms this year will need over 1800 to place. Lots of teams are converging on the best traditional approach which would yield 2,000 if built perfectly. Boomilever is also costing lots of money this year since wood selection is so stringent, unfortunately. Given that 2014 rules had boomilevers that were 5 centimeters longer, I'm sure there will be a breakthrough around SOUP timing which will set the new "low bar" to about 1600-1700. Regionally, scores will definitely vary.

Predictions:
1. 2500
2. 2300
3. 2200
4. 2100
5 and 6. 1900-2100

*This is with regards to Division C*
Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

God bless Len Joeris | Balsaman

DarthBuilder
Member
Member
Posts: 288
Joined: August 1st, 2017, 8:02 am
Division: Grad
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!

Post by DarthBuilder » January 30th, 2019, 8:46 am

Raleway wrote:Pretty sure booms this year will need over 1800 to place. Lots of teams are converging on the best traditional approach which would yield 2,000 if built perfectly. Boomilever is also costing lots of money this year since wood selection is so stringent, unfortunately. Given that 2014 rules had boomilevers that were 5 centimeters longer, I'm sure there will be a breakthrough around SOUP timing which will set the new "low bar" to about 1600-1700. Regionally, scores will definitely vary.

Predictions:
1. 2500
2. 2300
3. 2200
4. 2100
5 and 6. 1900-2100

*This is with regards to Division C*

Wow earlier this year many people were saying that 1750+ would be insane. The highest right now i have heard of is 1850ish. Seeing someone improve 700 points to 2500 sounds real scary. I would think

1. 2250
2.2100
3.1950
4.1850
5.1800
6.1750
Deleted

User avatar
TheChiScientist
Member
Member
Posts: 730
Joined: March 11th, 2018, 11:25 am
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Contemplating yeeting myself off a cliff...
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!

Post by TheChiScientist » January 30th, 2019, 4:41 pm

DarthBuilder wrote:
Raleway wrote:Pretty sure booms this year will need over 1800 to place. Lots of teams are converging on the best traditional approach which would yield 2,000 if built perfectly. Boomilever is also costing lots of money this year since wood selection is so stringent, unfortunately. Given that 2014 rules had boomilevers that were 5 centimeters longer, I'm sure there will be a breakthrough around SOUP timing which will set the new "low bar" to about 1600-1700. Regionally, scores will definitely vary.

Predictions:
1. 2500
2. 2300
3. 2200
4. 2100
5 and 6. 1900-2100

*This is with regards to Division C*

Wow earlier this year many people were saying that 1750+ would be insane. The highest right now i have heard of is 1850ish. Seeing someone improve 700 points to 2500 sounds real scary. I would think

1. 2250
2.2100
3.1950
4.1850
5.1800
6.1750
I second this but I can attest to the fact that an improvement of 700 points is not far fetched as thought. I think boomliever has a plateau after which a higher score is physically impossible. Given my experience with boom and results from teams around the country, I'd say that a boomilever score of 2500 is the max possible for Div. C. at Nats this year if all conditions are optimal.
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me

User avatar
John Richardsim
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Posts: 736
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 10:54 am
Division: Grad
State: MI
Location: Robinson Twp.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!

Post by John Richardsim » January 31st, 2019, 1:32 pm

Scores from the Cobra Invitational (Division B):
1. 1464
2. 1186
3. 1083
4. 1074
5. 979.7
6. 962.2
Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice

User avatar
mnoga
Member
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: March 19th, 2015, 6:12 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Los Altos, CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!

Post by mnoga » February 1st, 2019, 1:46 pm

Division C Mira Loma top 4 scores were approximately 1500, 1300, 1200, 1150. Mira Loma Blue had the top score.

jinhusong
Member
Member
Posts: 167
Joined: March 16th, 2017, 3:34 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Santa Clara
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!

Post by jinhusong » February 1st, 2019, 2:12 pm

Thanks for the Mira Loma scores. Still a lot of space to improve. Our high school got third. It was their first try, expecting to hold like 5 Kg and ended up holding 12 Kg.

Dreamz
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: February 5th, 2019, 3:55 pm
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!

Post by Dreamz » February 5th, 2019, 4:00 pm

Solon invite saw six teams above 1500, winner was 1700+.

User avatar
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 771
Joined: November 19th, 2017, 9:09 am
Division: C
State: RI
Location: Stark Industries Internship
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 54 times
Contact:

Re: PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!

Post by MadCow2357 » February 5th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Dreamz wrote:Solon invite saw six teams above 1500, winner was 1700+.
Division B or C?
MadCow2357's Userpage
2020 Events: Boomilever, Machines, Wright Stuff, and sadly not Gravity Vehicle
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
Andrew Yang for VP!
In remembrance of Len Joeris (Balsa Man) and Dr. Gerard Putz - Don't cry because they are gone. Smile because they were here.

Paypog
Member
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: February 26th, 2018, 1:22 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Location: Somewhere tryna sleep
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!

Post by Paypog » February 5th, 2019, 9:45 pm

MadCow2357 wrote:
Dreamz wrote:Solon invite saw six teams above 1500, winner was 1700+.
Division B or C?
I'm 99% certain it was not Div B. This leads me to the conclusion that it was probably Div C.
2018 Events: Anatomy (Big oof), Ecology (Mild oof), Experimental Design( :D :D ), Herpetology (Mild oof)
2019 Events: Anatomy (oof), Experimental Design (oof), Herpetology (oof), Circuit Lab (oof)
2020 Events: Anatomy, Ornithology, Ping-Pong Parachute

Dreamz
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: February 5th, 2019, 3:55 pm
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!

Post by Dreamz » February 6th, 2019, 6:36 pm

MadCow2357 wrote:
Dreamz wrote:Solon invite saw six teams above 1500, winner was 1700+.
Division B or C?
Div C

Locked

Return to “Boomilever B/C”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest