Glue

Anonymous15
Been thanked: 0

Re: Glue

Post by Anonymous15 »

Just wondering, if you use old gorilla glue (like at least a year since opening), do you know how much the strength will be weakened? Will strength even be weakened at all? (I may or may not be asking from experience :P )
klastyioer
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by klastyioer »

maybe purple ca glue or medium viscosity ca on everything and then wood glue on the part that touches the loading hook (lmao im blanking dont diss me for not having the word click in my mind)
it's not about the medals; go out there and have fun. make progress, learn a few things and have one heck of a time; that's all that matters.

Check out Klastyioer's Userpage!
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

Anonymous15 wrote:Just wondering, if you use old gorilla glue (like at least a year since opening), do you know how much the strength will be weakened? Will strength even be weakened at all? (I may or may not be asking from experience :P )
I've been using old glue for a while, seems to be fine. I haven't had a base failure in a while.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
Inihduma.aymar
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Inihduma.aymar »

MadCow2357 wrote:
Anonymous15 wrote:Just wondering, if you use old gorilla glue (like at least a year since opening), do you know how much the strength will be weakened? Will strength even be weakened at all? (I may or may not be asking from experience :P )
I've been using old glue for a while, seems to be fine. I haven't had a base failure in a while.

I’ve seen that when I use old glue it tends to become a little gooey and doesn’t connect the balsa pieces as well as I would like, but that’s just my opinion.

Return to “Boomilever B/C”