Thanks Len Joeris - a season later

Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
Has thanked: 0

Thanks Len Joeris - a season later

Post by Raleway »

I just wanted to say another thank you to Len Joeris. For those that knew him from years past, he was an amazing mentor and huge help through the forums, giving up his time and sharing his expertise on a daily basis. Although he wasn't here to tell newcomers to read previous years' posts or to run through ten paragraphs chock full of engineering and physics nuggets, his work really impacted me through my time with Science Olympiad (I will be graduating Division C this year). May he be resting peacefully.

PS: Hadn't posted in a while after not qualifying for nationals and realized I never said my thanks this year to Len so here it is :) He still made it onto every single Boomilever this year!
Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

God bless Len Joeris | Balsaman
Random Human
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thanks Len Joeris - a season later

Post by Random Human »

amen
Random Human - Proud (former) Science Olympian. 2015-2017
Writer of Doers
Dynamic Planet
Breaker of Towers: 16-17 Season Peak Score - 3220
Len Joeris all the way. Remember Len.
drcubbin
Division: B
State: NY

Post by drcubbin »

Our teams have read Len Joeris'/Balsa Man's posts for years and I was wondering, how long had he posted to scioly.org, and in seeing all the research done by students on this great site, has anyone ever thought to make some type of compilation of his top posts for all to see in one location? (Given the depth and breath of his contributions, maybe it would just be way too much!)
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

drcubbin wrote:Our teams have read Len Joeris'/Balsa Man's posts for years and I was wondering, how long had he posted to scioly.org, and in seeing all the research done by students on this great site, has anyone ever thought to make some type of compilation of his top posts for all to see in one location? (Given the depth and breath of his contributions, maybe it would just be way too much!)
This is a great idea! I think it could be very useful.
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
drcubbin
Division: B
State: NY

Post by drcubbin »

windu34 wrote:
drcubbin wrote:Our teams have read Len Joeris'/Balsa Man's posts for years and I was wondering, how long had he posted to scioly.org, and in seeing all the research done by students on this great site, has anyone ever thought to make some type of compilation of his top posts for all to see in one location? (Given the depth and breath of his contributions, maybe it would just be way too much!)
This is a great idea! I think it could be very useful.
Definitely! If all his input and advice were put into an online, or hard copy, book, I would buy one (or two, for the team!!)
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

I can’t believe I forgot about this forum, I’ve been meaning to post but just haven’t taken the chance to do so. I can’t thank Len enough, and even though he wasn’t here to help this year, his spirit lived on and seemed to always remind me about the small things as I was building. “Not too much glue there, careful!” As the year progressed I continued to study his posts from last year, and gradually the absorption of information began to show in my boomilevers. I doubled my boom scores within 2 weeks, iirc, and I couldn’t have done it without all he has taught me. Thank you Balsa Man.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23

Return to “Boomilever B/C”