Mission Possible C

nateDC
Division: C
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Mission Possible C

Post by nateDC »

CookiePie1 wrote:
teamblueorange wrote:Is the timer element optional? Also since this is my first year participating at all, what types of things could I do? I just need some inspiration!
Yes, you aren't required to have a timer. I would suggest starting with your start and end task, and looking through the rules to see which tasks are easier to complete. I think the string task is the easiest to start with, so maybe give that a shot.
one of the benefits to having a timer though is that you can get very close to the target time by calibrating it
I can't think of anything else to put here, so I just wrote this...
PM2017
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by PM2017 »

CookiePie1 wrote:
teamblueorange wrote:Is the timer element optional? Also since this is my first year participating at all, what types of things could I do? I just need some inspiration!
Yes, you aren't required to have a timer. I would suggest starting with your start and end task, and looking through the rules to see which tasks are easier to complete. I think the string task is the easiest to start with, so maybe give that a shot.
My lever task was done in about 15 minutes after I read the rules...
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!
niceli28
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by niceli28 »

We are working on the exothermic task for Mission Possible and need to keep our bimetallic thermostat cold. What material should we use to insulate the thermostat so it remains cold around it?
CookiePie1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by CookiePie1 »

niceli28 wrote:We are working on the exothermic task for Mission Possible and need to keep our bimetallic thermostat cold. What material should we use to insulate the thermostat so it remains cold around it?
It's an endothermic task. I'd be very worried if you guys made an exothermic one instead of an endothermic one...
South Brunswick High School Captain '22
2020 Events: Protein Modeling, Ping Pong Parachute, Wright Stuff, Sounds of Music
2021 Events: Protein Modeling, Sounds of Music, Ornithology
2022 Events: TBD

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
longshot0921

Post by longshot0921 »

Is it possible to only get points from the start action and other actions within the rules without completing the final action? Do all actions have to successfully result in the trigger of the final action to receive points?
CookiePie1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by CookiePie1 »

longshot0921 wrote:Is it possible to only get points from the start action and other actions within the rules without completing the final action? Do all actions have to successfully result in the trigger of the final action to receive points?
Yeah, you just need to have some sort of an 'end action' even if you know it won't work. Tasks that don't work/don't fulfil the critera of the tasks don't recieve points.
South Brunswick High School Captain '22
2020 Events: Protein Modeling, Ping Pong Parachute, Wright Stuff, Sounds of Music
2021 Events: Protein Modeling, Sounds of Music, Ornithology
2022 Events: TBD

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
longshot0921

Post by longshot0921 »

How did you make the final action work? I'm having trouble with getting the final action to work since the platform has to be the highest point and I can't think of anyways to propel the platform from underneath.
longshot0921

Post by longshot0921 »

CookiePie1 wrote:
longshot0921 wrote:Is it possible to only get points from the start action and other actions within the rules without completing the final action? Do all actions have to successfully result in the trigger of the final action to receive points?
Yeah, you just need to have some sort of an 'end action' even if you know it won't work. Tasks that don't work/don't fulfil the critera of the tasks don't recieve points.
If the platform fails to move does that invalidate my other scoreable actions?
TheSquaad
Division: Grad

Post by TheSquaad »

longshot0921 wrote:
CookiePie1 wrote:
If the platform fails to move does that invalidate my other scoreable actions?
You should just lose the points for the final action and get a run time of 180
niceli28

Post by niceli28 »

For the endothermic task, what kind of bimetallic thermostat should we use and how should we heat it up?
We have tried a Peltier Device but it was unable to affect the bimetallic thermostat that we have to close the circuit.

Return to “Mission Possible C”