Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Lever Task

Post by Unome »

See rule 4.b.viii

Same as last year's.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Nagooyen
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lever Task

Post by Nagooyen »

for the lever class of all 3 , can i use that action as part of the final action? like the levers will lift the platform and that will count as two actions?
TheSquaad

Post by TheSquaad »

Nagooyen wrote:for the lever class of all 3 , can i use that action as part of the final action? like the levers will lift the platform and that will count as two actions?
I don’t see why you’d choose to do that, considering the final platform is expected to be lifted using electricity while the levers cannot
Nagooyen

Post by Nagooyen »

Since the lever system task powers the scissors lift by lifting a lever inside the scissors lift, is the lever system task technically the final action or still a scorable action itself?
CookiePie1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by CookiePie1 »

Nagooyen wrote:Since the lever system task powers the scissors lift by lifting a lever inside the scissors lift, is the lever system task technically the final action or still a scorable action itself?
It could be the final action or the scorable action, but you can only use it as one, and make it clear on your ASL which one it is.
South Brunswick High School Captain '22
2020 Events: Protein Modeling, Ping Pong Parachute, Wright Stuff, Sounds of Music
2021 Events: Protein Modeling, Sounds of Music, Ornithology
2022 Events: TBD

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
PM2017
State: CA

Post by PM2017 »

CookiePie1 wrote:
Nagooyen wrote:Since the lever system task powers the scissors lift by lifting a lever inside the scissors lift, is the lever system task technically the final action or still a scorable action itself?
It could be the final action or the scorable action, but you can only use it as one, and make it clear on your ASL which one it is.
or you could say that the lever arm powers scissor lift in step n-1 of asl, and say scissor lift raises platform in step n.
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!
Airco2020

Post by Airco2020 »

Thought question: Does a standard mousetrap contain all three classes of levers?
Shr3D
Division: C
State: FL

Post by Shr3D »

What is an a la Compound Machine? Could someone attach a drawing of one? Also, are you allowed to use strings to make levers move or do they have to have contact with each other?
Div. B:
2016 - ANAT*, BB
2017 - ANAT*, CB, HC*, Scrambler
2018 - HC*, T, WS*
Div. C:
2019 - BM, MP, WS*
2020 - (not final yet) ANAT, BM, CL, CM, WS
Vortexx
State: IN

Post by Vortexx »

Shr3D wrote:What is an a la Compound Machine? Could someone attach a drawing of one? Also, are you allowed to use strings to make levers move or do they have to have contact with each other?
I use strings to make my levers move and I have not had a problem with the judges.
[hide]Events|2017-Mission, Hovercraft
2018- Mission, Hover, Codebusters, Source Code
kpanda22

Post by kpanda22 »

When it says to use all 3 classes of levers in sequence to initiate the next action, does in sequence mean directly back to back or could I have non scorable actions in between? For example, could I have a ball triggered with the first class lever and then could the ball activate the second class lever?

Return to “Mission Possible C”