End Task

PM2017
Division: Grad
State: CA

Re: End Task

Post by PM2017 »

CookiePie1 wrote:
PM2017 wrote:
LIPX3 wrote: I agree in that it shouldn't be an issue, however its a point where an event supervisor could find issue with. If there's ever a point in Mission where an event supervisor could find an issue and you can easily fix it, I don't see why you wouldn't.
I don't see where they would have a problem. Can you clarify what you mean by "its a point where an event supervisor could find issue with."
I think ES's tend to get a bad rap, especially on these forums. Don't worry, for the most part they are very reasonable, and if you do need to argue with an ES, they usually take it very well and are fair about it. For something like the size of the platform, as long as the part that touches the battery is square and between 5 and 10 cm, you're fine. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I think it's always best to assume that your ES will be horrible, even when most aren't. But that's only for ambiguous cases where there can be weird interpretations, not something like this.
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!
erico.vert
Division: C
State: MD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by erico.vert »

PM2017 wrote:
CookiePie1 wrote:
PM2017 wrote: I don't see where they would have a problem. Can you clarify what you mean by "its a point where an event supervisor could find issue with."
I think ES's tend to get a bad rap, especially on these forums. Don't worry, for the most part they are very reasonable, and if you do need to argue with an ES, they usually take it very well and are fair about it. For something like the size of the platform, as long as the part that touches the battery is square and between 5 and 10 cm, you're fine. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I think it's always best to assume that your ES will be horrible, even when most aren't. But that's only for ambiguous cases where there can be weird interpretations, not something like this.
The only way I could see this being a problem would be if the battery were to fall off the top platform but stay on the bottom platform somehow, since then it would've technically fallen off if the other platform wasn't there.
BobbyJoe
State: PA

Post by BobbyJoe »

I have a question about the end task and timer. I have a timer that occurs simultaneously with the end task as in for every second the timer runs the end task moves up a certain distance. Is that legal and would I receive both timer points and end task points for this?
Rustin/Wright/Solon/Reg/PA/Nat Div B: '15-17, Div C: '18-
Disease D-
'15: 6/-/-/-/-/-/
'16: -/10/-/-/-/-
Air T-
'15: 2/-/-/-/-/-
Experimental D-
'16: 5/-/-/-/-/-
Mission P-
'16: 1/12/-/1/-/-
'17: 1/5/3/1/2/12
Crime B-
'16: 3/8/-/-/-/-
'17: 1/7/7/3/8/24
Wind P-
'17: 5/3/2/1/1/13
CookiePie1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by CookiePie1 »

BobbyJoe wrote:I have a question about the end task and timer. I have a timer that occurs simultaneously with the end task as in for every second the timer runs the end task moves up a certain distance. Is that legal and would I receive both timer points and end task points for this?
I think that might be considered a parallel task, therefore not allowed. I don't think you can have two actions going on at the same time.
South Brunswick High School Captain '22
2020 Events: Protein Modeling, Ping Pong Parachute, Wright Stuff, Sounds of Music
2021 Events: Protein Modeling, Sounds of Music, Ornithology
2022 Events: TBD

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
BobbyJoe
State: PA

Post by BobbyJoe »

That was what I was worried about. Thanks!
Rustin/Wright/Solon/Reg/PA/Nat Div B: '15-17, Div C: '18-
Disease D-
'15: 6/-/-/-/-/-/
'16: -/10/-/-/-/-
Air T-
'15: 2/-/-/-/-/-
Experimental D-
'16: 5/-/-/-/-/-
Mission P-
'16: 1/12/-/1/-/-
'17: 1/5/3/1/2/12
Crime B-
'16: 3/8/-/-/-/-
'17: 1/7/7/3/8/24
Wind P-
'17: 5/3/2/1/1/13
PM2017
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by PM2017 »

CookiePie1 wrote:
BobbyJoe wrote:I have a question about the end task and timer. I have a timer that occurs simultaneously with the end task as in for every second the timer runs the end task moves up a certain distance. Is that legal and would I receive both timer points and end task points for this?
I think that might be considered a parallel task, therefore not allowed. I don't think you can have two actions going on at the same time.
I'd argue that the timer in your case is the final action, so from the parallel action standpoint, your device is still perfectly legal. Unfortunately, per 4.c., this will be a violation.
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!

Return to “Mission Possible C”