Mousetrap Vehicle C

as1092
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mousetrap Vehicle C

Post by as1092 »

I have a question regarding rule 3f.:

"Wheels/treads in their entirety in the ready-to-run configuration must fit in a 40.0 cm x 40.0 cm space of any height. Axles, drive arms, and other parts of the vehicle may extend beyond these parameters."

However, at my regional tournament (in northern California), there were teams with the circumference of the wheels extending beyond this 40.0 cm x 40.0 cm space. When I asked the proctors if that was allowed, they said that the "point to point distance from where the wheels touch the ground should be within 40.0 cm." I would like clarification upon this because it affects the size of my overall vehicle, and in my opinion, I believe that the proctors at BARSO misinterpreted the rules. Is this how the rules will be for NorCal SciOly as well? Thanks!
4Head
Division: C

Post by 4Head »

as1092 wrote:I have a question regarding rule 3f.:

"Wheels/treads in their entirety in the ready-to-run configuration must fit in a 40.0 cm x 40.0 cm space of any height. Axles, drive arms, and other parts of the vehicle may extend beyond these parameters."

However, at my regional tournament (in northern California), there were teams with the circumference of the wheels extending beyond this 40.0 cm x 40.0 cm space. When I asked the proctors if that was allowed, they said that the "point to point distance from where the wheels touch the ground should be within 40.0 cm." I would like clarification upon this because it affects the size of my overall vehicle, and in my opinion, I believe that the proctors at BARSO misinterpreted the rules. Is this how the rules will be for NorCal SciOly as well? Thanks!
Can’t say if that’s how NorCal will be run but that’s wrong. “In their entirety” means in their entirety. There’s zero ambiguity.
2019 Sounds of Music National Champion
Zxcvbnm123

Post by Zxcvbnm123 »

cuber wrote:
MTV<=>Operator wrote: I was lucky enough to see your run yesterday at the state competition and I just wanted to congratulate you on first place. The rack gear and moving dowel was a really good idea and you deserved that win.
Thank you! After having a terrible first run, and running the setup clock down to the last second, It was incredibly releaving to see it work that well. I’ll upload a video of the run and pictures of my rack and pinion mechanism if anyone is curious.
How did you mount the rack to the vehicle?

Return to “Mousetrap Vehicle C”