Score Discussion

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Score Discussion

Post by Unome »

GA State top Mousetrap was Chattahoochee with 26 points. If I remember correctly the target distance was 2.7 meters (for whichever permutation makes that a valid state target distance, don't remember). Not sure how scores for Mousetrap are doing, but I gather this isn't particularly groundbreaking or anything since we had teams approaching 10 points on state distances in January.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
mnoga
Division: C
State: CA

Post by mnoga »

mnoga wrote:
as1092 wrote:
mnoga wrote:
At the Santa Clara Valley Regional (Silicon Valley) today the car in the Ukiah movie scored 11.5 on a 1.2 run distance. Specifics: cup covered the CTP, 0.7cm from the VTP, and 10.8 sec run time. Floor was wood but hadn't been refinished in several years. Fortunately the supervisor set up the track so the floor board seams (or edges) were parallel to the run direction.
OMG. I looked at their ranking, and their team got third place with a score of 11.5. How did both of Mira Loma's teams beat that LOL
Mira Loma did not compete at the Silcon Valley Regional, the 11.5 car was Mountain View Black's vehicle. Mountain View Gold scored slightly below 20 (2nd place), and Palo Alto Green (3rd) scored around 45 (rough guess).

The NorCal State Competition will be run on a rough tile floor, so the potential showdown between Mira Loma, Mountain View, and Albany (the three teams with probably the best vehicles), may be somewhat unpredictable.
NorCal state ended up running on a very nice wood floor. The event was moved at the last second -- posted day of the event. Mtn View's car won with a score of approximately 15. Run distance was 2.7.

It wasn't easy to video the State competition due to proximity to the floor, but here's a video of Mountain View's Regional Run: http://www.lmsal.com/pub/markn/regionals2019-mtv.mov
xiangyu
State: MI
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by xiangyu »

Anyone have a score prediction for state's competition at Michigan? What will it take to medal? (Top 8). This is my first year doing MV so I'm not really sure how the score for MV will look. I've been hitting 20-60 points during practice depending on the distances.
Medal & Ribbon Count: 33
Former EGRHS Team Captain 2017-2021
https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Xiangyu
as1092
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by as1092 »

xiangyu wrote:Anyone have a score prediction for state's competition at Michigan? What will it take to medal? (Top 8). This is my first year doing MV so I'm not really sure how the score for MV will look. I've been hitting 20-60 points during practice depending on the distances.
I got 4th place NorCal with a score of 38.7. I don't know how competitive Michigan is, but for NorCal, it's top 5 who medal.
Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

Washington state scores

1. 28.17
2. Idk
3. 29.?? This score was less than 1 point
Chameleon02

Post by Chameleon02 »

xiangyu wrote:Anyone have a score prediction for state's competition at Michigan? What will it take to medal? (Top 8). This is my first year doing MV so I'm not really sure how the score for MV will look. I've been hitting 20-60 points during practice depending on the distances.
expect top 3 sub 20. We won first at Michigan states last year with about 10.5, should be slightly higher scores this year.
Last&SeventhYearSciolyer
2020 Events: Boomilever, Wright Stuff, Protein, Chem lab, Gravvy
The Air Trajectory nostalgia hits hard
xiangyu
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by xiangyu »

Chameleon02 wrote:
expect top 3 sub 20. We won first at Michigan states last year with about 10.5, should be slightly higher scores this year.
Sounds good thanks. Hopefully we can manage top 8 by competition :)
Medal & Ribbon Count: 33
Former EGRHS Team Captain 2017-2021
https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Xiangyu
BobbyJoe
State: PA

Post by BobbyJoe »

Edit: NVM
Rustin/Wright/Solon/Reg/PA/Nat Div B: '15-17, Div C: '18-
Disease D-
'15: 6/-/-/-/-/-/
'16: -/10/-/-/-/-
Air T-
'15: 2/-/-/-/-/-
Experimental D-
'16: 5/-/-/-/-/-
Mission P-
'16: 1/12/-/1/-/-
'17: 1/5/3/1/2/12
Crime B-
'16: 3/8/-/-/-/-
'17: 1/7/7/3/8/24
Wind P-
'17: 5/3/2/1/1/13
Chameleon02

Post by Chameleon02 »

Chameleon02 wrote:
UPDATE: we got 5th this year with 30, I'm interested in knowing the scores of the teams that placed above us.
Last&SeventhYearSciolyer
2020 Events: Boomilever, Wright Stuff, Protein, Chem lab, Gravvy
The Air Trajectory nostalgia hits hard
musicalwhang
State: NC

Post by musicalwhang »

Chapel Hill High School got first at North Carolina States with a score of 36. 5.4 CTP 4.4 VTP and just above 20 second run time. We couldn't figure out how to make our vehicle go faster and making the driver axle bigger didn't help much. Anyways, we will not be attending nationals and Enloe's and NCCSM's vehicles didn't look that strong.

Return to “Mousetrap Vehicle C”