Lever Arm Recommendation

clover
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lever Arm Recommendation

Post by clover »

Our lever arm pulls the string too rapidly, so once we reach the 8 meter mark, our lever arm is back to the original position, and it does not have the energy to pull back. Our lever arm is about 30-40 cm long. Do you think we should make it longer? Or is there anything else that might be causing this situation?
sdececco
Division: C
State: PA

Re: Lever Arm Recommendation

Post by sdececco »

clover wrote:Our lever arm pulls the string too rapidly, so once we reach the 8 meter mark, our lever arm is back to the original position, and it does not have the energy to pull back. Our lever arm is about 30-40 cm long. Do you think we should make it longer? Or is there anything else that might be causing this situation?
There is multiple ways you can fix this. One way I would suggest is to increase your drive axle to wheel ratio
Zxcvbnm123

Post by Zxcvbnm123 »

What material is everyone using for their lever arms?
PM2017
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by PM2017 »

Carbon fiber rods. (Currently using 6mm, I'm trying to see if 3mm will work as well.)
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!
Zxcvbnm123

Post by Zxcvbnm123 »

PM2017 wrote:Carbon fiber rods. (Currently using 6mm, I'm trying to see if 3mm will work as well.)
Where can I buy carbon fiber rods at a low cost? If not, what is the best metal to use as a rod? Is wood also a viable alternative?
PM2017
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by PM2017 »

Zxcvbnm123 wrote:
PM2017 wrote:Carbon fiber rods. (Currently using 6mm, I'm trying to see if 3mm will work as well.)
Where can I buy carbon fiber rods at a low cost? If not, what is the best metal to use as a rod? Is wood also a viable alternative?
Most of this has already been discussed on this year's and last year's threads (so I would read through those before you do anything else), but I use Hobbyking. IDK about the rest of your questions because I've never not used CF as my lever arm
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!
as1092

Post by as1092 »

How do you add another level arm to increase the effective distance the vehicle travels?

Return to “Mousetrap Vehicle C”