How heavy are all of your vehicles? For national competitions, what is the ideal weight of the vehicle?

Zxcvbnm123
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How heavy are all of your vehicles? For national competitions, what is the ideal weight of the vehicle?

Post by Zxcvbnm123 »

4Head
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How heavy are all of your vehicles? For national competitions, what is the ideal weight of the vehicle?

Post by 4Head »

Zxcvbnm123 wrote:How heavy are all of your vehicles? For national competitions, what is the ideal weight of the vehicle?
~291g. Ideal will be different for every team
2019 Sounds of Music National Champion
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: How heavy are all of your vehicles? For national competitions, what is the ideal weight of the vehicle?

Post by Unome »

Zxcvbnm123 wrote:How heavy are all of your vehicles? For national competitions, what is the ideal weight of the vehicle?
Competitive national vehicles will likely be in the 200 to 300 gram range (I don't know the extent to which rules have changed from last year, but I suspect slightly heavier this year will be the norm).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
MTV<=>Operator
Division: Grad
State: NY

Post by MTV<=>Operator »

Mine is 210 grams. It doesn't need to be this light, but speed is important for my vehicle since it isn't consistently accurate to the VTP. Ideal weight depends on lever arm length, wheel diameter, and how important speed is for you, among other factors.
THHS '21 Builder Cult Member
2017-2018
2018-2019
2019-2020: GV (9 YUSO, 5 NYC), Detector (8 YUSO, 7 NYC), WS (10 NYC), PPP
2020-2021 Events/ Yosemite/HUSO/River Hill/ NYC South Regional
Vehicle Design / 1/--/--/--
WICI / 3/--/--/--
Circuits /--/ 3/ 5/ 1
Machines /--/ 4/ 2/ 2
Detector /--/--/ 2/--

Return to “Mousetrap Vehicle C”