Thermodynamics B/C Build

TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Thermodynamics B/C Build

Post by TheChiScientist »

Please use this forum to discuss issues and questions on the build portion of Thermodynamics.
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA

Re: Thermodynamics B/C Build

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

TheChiScientist wrote:Please use this forum to discuss issues and questions on the build portion of Thermodynamics.
I think the point of the subforum was so that questions about the build could have their own thread :P Nevertheless, I suppose it makes sense to have a thread for minor questions.

Looks like the build hasn't really changed, besides being able to plug the hole. Can someone who has time check if there were any interesting deletions in the rules (because obviously they can't bold those)?
TheChiScientist

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
TheChiScientist wrote:Please use this forum to discuss issues and questions on the build portion of Thermodynamics.
I think the point of the subforum was so that questions about the build could have their own thread :P Nevertheless, I suppose it makes sense to have a thread for minor questions.

Looks like the build hasn't really changed, besides being able to plug the hole. Can someone who has time check if there were any interesting deletions in the rules (because obviously they can't bold those)?
As I read over them with a fine tooth comb there are no removals that I can see. Although with the additions there goes my designs for a vacuum sealed box...
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
pikachu4919
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

TheChiScientist wrote:

As I read over them with a fine tooth comb there are no removals that I can see. Although with the additions there goes my designs for a vacuum sealed box...
I feel like if you make one of those in house then it would be fine, you just can’t buy a commercial one and use it as part of your build.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
Alex-RCHS
State: NC

Post by Alex-RCHS »

TheChiScientist wrote:

Weren't you the one saying that aerogel wasn't worth the price last year?
About me!
Raleigh Charter HS (NC) 2018
UNC-Chapel Hill 2022
TheChiScientist

A cheap and fully operational vacuum can be easily made. You just need the build skills...
TheChiScientist

Is it just me or did they get rid of the ice water bonus!?!?!?!?!??!?!! (smh how did I miss that!)
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

TheChiScientist wrote:Is it just me or did they get rid of the ice water bonus!?!?!?!?!??!?!! (smh how did I miss that!)
They also removed the outside beaker, so the material of beakers might come into play (although the beaker does have to be unaltered).
TheChiScientist

TheChiScientist wrote:Is it just me or did they get rid of the ice water bonus!?!?!?!?!??!?!! (smh how did I miss that!)
They also removed the outside beaker, so the material of beakers might come into play (although the beaker does have to be unaltered).
Interesting. So this year the score is going to be mainly dependent on Newton's law of cooling no?
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

TheChiScientist wrote:
Interesting. So this year the score is going to be mainly dependent on Newton's law of cooling no?
That's what it says in the rules

Return to “Thermodynamics B/C”