BEARSO Invitational

Area to advertise for your competitions!
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: BEARSO Invitational

Post by sciolyperson1 » September 15th, 2020, 9:31 pm

Giantpants wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:18 pm
Godspeed wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 7:40 pm
Giantpants wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 6:34 pm
Assuming we are counting 2021 as a direct continuation of strength from 2020, (which is a big if lol but I don't really know how else to go about predicting for such an unprecedented time), I wouldn't put Seven Lakes lower than 4th (and even that feels a little low lol), based on those MIT results, which were alarmingly impressive, even 8 months later.

So, just for fun, here we go lol, assuming stacking. Probably not too many hot takes here...

1. Troy
2. Seven Lakes
3. Mason
4. Solon
5. WWPN
6. Boca Raton
7. Centerville
8. LASA
9. Mountain View
10. Clements

CCA, Mira Loma, Rustin, and Cumberland Valley are all big contenders to get into low top 10/high teens as well. Also, if Stuyvesant has a good day, they could also potentially come close too! They had a great 2020 season and I can see them continuing it into 2021.

Sources: Basically nothing solid, except like 2020 results, so yeah.

This is gonna a wild ride and I'm excited to see the results! Best of luck as everyone continues to prepare haha
I feel like most teams have tryouts in late september/october, which means that most teams will be much less prepared and will have to rely much on prior knowledge.
Yea, but considering for most of the study events, the rules are unchanged, this may not be as big of a factor as previous seasons (?)
Although of course, we have no real way of knowing this since this has never happened before lol
I agree, I think the main issue is teams working over the summer.
WW-P HSN '22, Community '18
'20: Gravity - Boomi - WIDI - PPP

Nats:
Team - 3rd '18, '19
Roller - 1st '19
Mystery - 3rd '19
Buggy - 4th '19, 5th '18
Mission - 3rd '17

MIT: Gravity - 1st '20
PUSO: PPP - 1st '20, WIDI -1st '20

Rate my tests!

Godspeed
State: CA

Post by Godspeed » September 15th, 2020, 9:53 pm

Giantpants wrote:
Godspeed wrote:
Giantpants wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 6:34 pm
Assuming we are counting 2021 as a direct continuation of strength from 2020, (which is a big if lol but I don't really know how else to go about predicting for such an unprecedented time), I wouldn't put Seven Lakes lower than 4th (and even that feels a little low lol), based on those MIT results, which were alarmingly impressive, even 8 months later.

So, just for fun, here we go lol, assuming stacking. Probably not too many hot takes here...

1. Troy
2. Seven Lakes
3. Mason
4. Solon
5. WWPN
6. Boca Raton
7. Centerville
8. LASA
9. Mountain View
10. Clements

CCA, Mira Loma, Rustin, and Cumberland Valley are all big contenders to get into low top 10/high teens as well. Also, if Stuyvesant has a good day, they could also potentially come close too! They had a great 2020 season and I can see them continuing it into 2021.

Sources: Basically nothing solid, except like 2020 results, so yeah.

This is gonna a wild ride and I'm excited to see the results! Best of luck as everyone continues to prepare haha
I feel like most teams have tryouts in late september/october, which means that most teams will be much less prepared and will have to rely much on prior knowledge.
Yea, but considering for most of the study events, the rules are unchanged, this may not be as big of a factor as previous seasons (?)
Although of course, we have no real way of knowing this since this has never happened before lol
Yeah, but people will obviously forget over the summer (unless you studied over the summer)

Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Location: Pretend hugging SIlverBreeze because social distancing

Post by Umaroth » September 15th, 2020, 10:31 pm

Godspeed wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:53 pm
Giantpants wrote:
Godspeed wrote:

Yeah, but people will obviously forget over the summer (unless you studied over the summer)
These are all top teams listed here... I don't know what your team does, but most top competitors study over the summer
These users thanked the author Umaroth for the post:
sneepity (September 16th, 2020, 5:25 am)
Troy SciOly 2019-now
The Ambassador

Proud Kraemer SciOly Padre 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Kraemer SciOly Pretty-Much Head Coach 2019-now
2020 Tryouts: Circuit, Code, Detector, DP, GeoMaps, Machines
States Events: HANDS ON DISEASE DETECTIVES

Umaroth's Userpage

Godspeed

Post by Godspeed » September 16th, 2020, 9:22 am

Umaroth wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 10:31 pm
Godspeed wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 9:53 pm
Giantpants wrote:

These are all top teams listed here... I don't know what your team does, but most top competitors study over the summer
I meant that the teams that do study in the summer will have a greater advantage than they normally do since when you normally study over the summer, you are studying the old rules, and since the rules haven't changed, your basically putting 2 years of knowledge into the event, while people that didn't study over the summer don't have that continuation (and yes, we do study over the summer.)

Return to “Invitationals”