Cornell Invitational (Division B and C)

Area to advertise for your competitions!
EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: MD

Re: Cornell Invitational (Division B and C)

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » February 10th, 2019, 4:47 pm

waffletree wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:13) Harlan Rowe - 10th at Garnet, 5th at Rustin

you mean 5th at garnet, 10th at rustin?
builderguy135 wrote:4) Springhouse - Might lose to Gelinas if they bomb. Won Solon.
5) Gelinas - Strong at Rustin, might be lower.

gelinas beat springhouse at rustin i think?

Correct. Also, Bay Academy is only new in relative terms. They first competed in 2015, and first made states in 2016.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

If you have any questions for me, always feel free to shoot me a PM.

builderguy135
Division: B
State: NJ

Postby builderguy135 » February 10th, 2019, 4:55 pm

waffletree wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:13) Harlan Rowe - 10th at Garnet, 5th at Rustin

you mean 5th at garnet, 10th at rustin?
builderguy135 wrote:4) Springhouse - Might lose to Gelinas if they bomb. Won Solon.

gelinas beat springhouse at rustin i think?

1) Yes, sorry oof
2) No, it was 206-234.
Community 2016-2019 Dank Memes Area Homeschool A Co-Captain ;)
2018-2019 Events
LISO/Rustin/Regs/Garnet/Cornell/States
Roller: 1/2/1/10/4/-
ELG: 1/1/x/1/1/-
Mystery: 1/8/20/1/8/-
Road: 1/5/2/3/1/-
Game: 1/x/x/x/x/-
Battery: x/1/x/x/6/-
Parasitology: x/6/x/1/4/-
Duct Tape: x/13/x/4/x/-

sciolyperson1

Postby sciolyperson1 » February 10th, 2019, 4:56 pm

builderguy135 wrote:With less than a week left, here are my predictions:

1) Solon - Strong as usual. Halved Daniel Wright's score at Centerville :O
2) Beckendorff - Strong UTA and Cypress Falls wins, even if it was early in the season.
3) Community - 66 points at Garnet, but was inconsistent at Rustin.
4) Springhouse - Might lose to Gelinas if they bomb. Won Solon.
6) Piedmont - Still very strong, 5th at Centerville
7) Marie Murphy - 4th at Centerville
8) Bay Academy - New team but has proven that they can do very well at Rustin and Garnet.
9) Goff - Based off of 2018 NY states
10) SSA - Did well at Solon
11) Eagle Hill - Based off of 2018 NY states
12) Bedford - Stacking at Cornell afaik.
13) Harlan Rowe - 10th at Garnet, 5th at Rustin

5th to 11th are very hard to predict since all of them are really close, but I took a lot of data from previous invies (Rustin, Garnet, Solon, Centerville, 2018 NY States).

Switch Springhouse and Gelinas, and order 8, 9, 10 as SSA, Bay, Goff, and I'd think its pretty accurate.
Community MS (NJ) Captain Dank Memes Area Homeschool
Events
Roller - Boomi - Mystery - Road - Buggy - WIDI - Duct Tape - Parasitology
Medal Count 2019: 18

MattChina
State: NY

Postby MattChina » February 10th, 2019, 4:58 pm

2) Beckendorff - Strong UTA and Cypress Falls wins, even if it was early in the season.
8) Bay Academy - New team but has proven that they can do very well at Rustin and Garnet.

5th to 11th are very hard to predict since all of them are really close, but I took a lot of data from previous invies (Rustin, Garnet, Solon, Centerville, 2018 NY States).

eagle hill is definitely doing better than goff and bay academy, at states last year, its only because they bombed one event
Physics is my city

2017 events: Hovercraft, Ecology, Optics, Write it do it, Fast Facts, Mystery Design(NY trial)
2018 events: Hovercraft, Ecology, Optics, Thermodynamics, Quiz bowl(NY trial)
2019 events: Water Quality, Battery Buggy, Elastic Launch Glider, Density Lab, Circuit Lab, Thermodynamics

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
State: MD

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » February 10th, 2019, 5:02 pm

builderguy135 wrote:2) No, it was 206-234.

Gelinas was the team that scored 206. Springhouse scored 234.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

If you have any questions for me, always feel free to shoot me a PM.

builderguy135

Postby builderguy135 » February 10th, 2019, 5:10 pm

Changing predictions already lol

1) Solon
2) Beckendorff
3) Community
4) Springhouse
5) Gelinas
6) Piedmont
7) Marie Murphy
8) SSA
9) Bay Academy
10) Eagle Hill
11) Goff
12) Bedford
13) Harlan Rowe
Community 2016-2019 Dank Memes Area Homeschool A Co-Captain ;)
2018-2019 Events
LISO/Rustin/Regs/Garnet/Cornell/States
Roller: 1/2/1/10/4/-
ELG: 1/1/x/1/1/-
Mystery: 1/8/20/1/8/-
Road: 1/5/2/3/1/-
Game: 1/x/x/x/x/-
Battery: x/1/x/x/6/-
Parasitology: x/6/x/1/4/-
Duct Tape: x/13/x/4/x/-

drcubbin

Postby drcubbin » February 10th, 2019, 5:22 pm

Changing predictions already lol

1) Solon
2) Beckendorff
3) Community
4) Springhouse
5) Gelinas
6) Piedmont
7) Marie Murphy
8) SSA
9) Bay Academy
10) Eagle Hill
11) Goff
12) Bedford
13) Harlan Rowe[/quote]

Bay Academy just took 4th and 2nd (right behind Springhouse) at Harvard today and our "predicted" place for Cornell goes from 8th to 9th? I know anything is possible, but I think that crystal ball needs a little polishing ;)

sciolyperson1

Postby sciolyperson1 » February 10th, 2019, 5:26 pm

drcubbin wrote:
builderguy123 wrote:Changing predictions already lol

1) Solon
2) Beckendorff
3) Community
4) Springhouse
5) Gelinas
6) Piedmont
7) Marie Murphy
8) SSA
9) Bay Academy
10) Eagle Hill
11) Goff
12) Bedford
13) Harlan Rowe

Bay Academy just took 4th and 2nd (right behind Springhouse) at Harvard today and our "predicted" place for Cornell goes from 8th to 9th? I know anything is possible, but I think that crystal ball needs a little polishing ;)

Solon, Beckendorff, us, Springhouse, Gelinas, Piedmont, Marie Murphy, and SSA are all top tier nats teams. The teams got 1st, 8th, 3rd, 5th, 11th, 6th, (missed nats cuz of roller bomb), and 13th. In addition, Bedford got 25th and Goff got 19th. You guys might beat one or two schools in the top 8, but I think the placement will range from 7th to 10th. (Dont take any of this personally lol)
Events

lumosityfan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby lumosityfan » February 10th, 2019, 5:33 pm

sciolyperson1 wrote:
drcubbin wrote:
builderguy123 wrote:Changing predictions already lol

1) Solon
2) Beckendorff
3) Community
4) Springhouse
5) Gelinas
6) Piedmont
7) Marie Murphy
8) SSA
9) Bay Academy
10) Eagle Hill
11) Goff
12) Bedford
13) Harlan Rowe

Solon, Beckendorff, us, Springhouse, Gelinas, Piedmont, Marie Murphy, and SSA are all top tier nats teams. The teams got 1st, 8th, 3rd, 5th, 11th, 6th, (missed nats cuz of roller bomb), and 13th. In addition, Bedford got 25th and Goff got 19th. You guys might beat one or two schools in the top 8, but I think the placement will range from 7th to 10th. (Dont take any of this personally lol)

And who says that Bay Academy can't reach those heights either? Remember that Springhouse just 3 years ago was in Bay Academy's shoes. Same with Beckendorff. So it's not crazy to think that Bay Academy can't upend a couple of those "top tier nats teams."
JP Stevens 2015, Columbia University 2019
See my favorite teams' event history: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
2016-19 UCC Regionals Astronomy ES, 2017 Princeton Invitational Helicopters ES

sciolyperson1

Postby sciolyperson1 » February 10th, 2019, 5:36 pm

lumosityfan wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:
drcubbin wrote:

And who says that Bay Academy can't reach those heights either? Remember that Springhouse just 3 years ago was in Bay Academy's shoes. Same with Beckendorff. So it's not crazy to think that Bay Academy can't upend a couple of those "top tier nats teams."

Anything is possible, I never said that they couldn't beat them.
Events

Paypog
State: PA

Postby Paypog » February 10th, 2019, 5:36 pm

lumosityfan wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:
drcubbin wrote:

Lol Springhouse 3 years ago did worse than they did 4 years ago.. By that logic Bay is gonna get worse.
Dank Memes Area Homeschool 2019 Co-Captain

2017 Events: Anatomy (Big oof) and Road Scholar (Big oof)
2018 Events: Anatomy (Big oof), Ecology (Mild oof), Experimental Design( :D :D ), Herpetology (Mild oof)
2019 Events: Anatomy, Water Quality, Experimental Design, Herpetology, Circuit Lab

lumosityfan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby lumosityfan » February 10th, 2019, 5:39 pm

sciolyperson1 wrote:
lumosityfan wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:

Except that your logic in thinking that Bay Academy went down from 8th to 9th is that the other 8 teams are "top tier nats teams" which is not the best case of logic if you're assuming that Bay Academy isn't one of those "top tier nats teams" (which through the results so far this year which is what we should be basing these predictions on as well show that they've done well against the "top tier nats teams" minus solon, beckendorff, piedmont, and marie murphy, whom they haven't faced so far this season)
See my favorite teams' event history: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

drcubbin

Postby drcubbin » February 10th, 2019, 5:39 pm

lumosityfan wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:
drcubbin wrote:

Thanks Luminosity! That's pretty much how I feel. If we didn't think advancement was possible, how would this list ever change? And no offense taken sciolyperson. We just keep plugging away. If it happens, it happens. Like Luminosity says, all of those in the "top 8" had to start somewhere. Right?

lumosityfan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby lumosityfan » February 10th, 2019, 5:40 pm

Paypog wrote:
lumosityfan wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:

Lol Springhouse 3 years ago did worse than they did 4 years ago.. By that logic Bay is gonna get worse.

Derp 4 years ago then. My point is when Springhouse started bursting onto the SciOly scene and first qualified for nats. (I had a feeling I had the years off...)

Paypog
State: PA

Postby Paypog » February 10th, 2019, 5:40 pm

lumosityfan wrote:
sciolyperson1 wrote:
lumosityfan wrote:

Except that your logic in thinking that Bay Academy went down from 8th to 9th is that the other 8 teams are "top tier nats teams" which is not the best case of logic if you're assuming that Bay Academy isn't one of those "top tier nats teams" (which through the results so far this year which is what we should be basing these predictions on as well show that they've done well against the "top tier nats teams" minus solon, beckendorff, piedmont, and marie murphy, whom they haven't faced so far this season)

Uh they haven't faced SSA yet..
Dank Memes Area Homeschool 2019 Co-Captain

2017 Events: Anatomy (Big oof) and Road Scholar (Big oof)
2018 Events: Anatomy (Big oof), Ecology (Mild oof), Experimental Design( :D :D ), Herpetology (Mild oof)
2019 Events: Anatomy, Water Quality, Experimental Design, Herpetology, Circuit Lab

Return to “Invitationals”