Page 1 of 1
Science Olympiad at Penn Invitational 2021
Posted: July 24th, 2020, 11:49 am
Announcing the Fifth Annual Penn Invitational: February 27, 2021
We are excited to announce the date for our fifth annual Penn Science Olympiad Invitational. As the COVID-19 situation is still evolving, we are working closely with members of our community to develop a tournament that is both safe and intellectually stimulating for our participants. While our tournament length and format are to be determined, we are committed to following the models proposed by the National Science Olympiad
In the coming months, we will be monitoring the situation closely and, if needed, we will adjust our tournament date(s) and format according to local guidelines. Most importantly, we would like to hear your thoughts on the Penn Science Olympiad 2021 Invitational through this forum.
Re: Science Olympiad at Penn Invitational 2021
Posted: September 2nd, 2020, 10:02 pm
We are excited to announce that our fifth annual Penn Science Olympiad Invitational will be a miniSO tournament.
- The tournament will be on Saturday, February 27, 2021 from 10 AM ET to 5 PM ET.
- The awards ceremony will begin at 4 pm ET on Sunday, February 28, 2021. Trophies and medals will be mailed to the winners.
- All of our events will be run using National-level rules, with minor modifications to the event structure to accommodate the virtual environment. A detailed list of changes will be announced to registered teams.
- Events will be scheduled on the Scilympiad platform following the 2019-2020 National schedule. A detailed schedule with team numbers will be sent to registered teams.
- Tests will be administered electronically through the Scilympiad platform, which will allow partners to collaborate on events.
- Build events will not count toward teams’ final scores. To compete in build events, students must submit their videos by 10 am ET on Saturday, February 27, 2021. These videos will be graded on a rolling basis on the day of the tournament.
- More details on build events will be announced to registered teams.
- We expect students to give their best effort while displaying honesty, integrity, and good sportsmanship. All teams are expected to follow our tournament rules and abide by the Science Olympiad Code of Ethics.
- We are expanding our tournament capacity to 75 teams this year. Schools can register at most 2 teams. Each team may have at max 15 members, per the National rules. Please ensure that each team has at least 10 members, as we wish to accommodate as many participants as possible.
- The registration fee for this year’s tournament is $30 per team. This fee will be waived for Philadelphia district schools.
- Registration will occur at scilympiad.com/soup on November 14, 2020 at 3:00 pm ET, and it will close when all 75 spots have been taken. After registration has closed, teams can continue to sign up for our tournament waitlist.
- To receive a refund of the registration fee (and forfeit their spot in the tournament), teams can submit a full refund request by January 1, 2021.
If you have any suggestions or any questions about the fifth annual Penn Science Olympiad Invitational, please reach out to us at email@example.com
. We hope to see you soon.