Troy Division B Invitational

Area to advertise for your competitions!
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Troy Division B Invitational

Post by Umaroth »

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if our coach was planning to make a post, but we would like to welcome all Division B teams to our first Troy Invitational for Division B, organized by the Troy Science Olympiad Team and Troy Science Olympiad Booster Club. The date for the invitational will be March 13, 2021 under the MiniSO format, a perfect opportunity to get some practice in between Regionals and States. Registration begins tomorrow, Tuesday, December 15th, on our Scilympiad page linked here. We are allowing a maximum of 4 teams per school, and the registration fee is $85 per team. All events will be written and proctored by our team, so you can expect top quality tests. We hope to see plenty of teams competing!

- Troy Science Olympiad Captains
These users thanked the author Umaroth for the post (total 4):
Adi1008 (December 14th, 2020, 2:11 pm) • Godspeed (December 14th, 2020, 9:31 pm) • SilverBreeze (December 18th, 2020, 3:14 am) • sciolyperson1 (August 25th, 2021, 7:13 pm)
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
SilverBreeze
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Re: Troy Division B Invitational

Post by SilverBreeze »

Hope to see many of you there! (well, hope to message many of you through a chatbox there)

You can PM me on forums or contact me through Discord (same username) with any questions about Crime Busters, Ornithology, or Water Quality. (or questions about the invitational in general)
Troy SciOly 2019 - 2023
Captain 2021-2023
Former Events: Ecology, Water Quality, Green Gen, Ornithology, Forestry, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Chem Lab, Env Chem, Sounds, Dynamic Planet, Crime Busters, Potions & Poisons, Exp Design, Towers, Mystery Arch, Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Umaroth »

Okay so I've totally been too busy to update the forums, but the invitational has now finished! Congratulations to our winners from Kennedy Middle School, runners-up from Sierra Vista Middle School, and third place Beckendorff Junior High. All tests and keys are on our Scilympiad site and will be posted to the test exchange. We hope the tests were challenging and well-written and that your teams had a great experience, and we hope to see you at our tournament in-person in the future!

- Troy Science Olympiad Captains
Cal 2026

Umaroth's Userpage
azboy1910
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by azboy1910 »

Continuing from my last event review post, fate has allowed me to me have an experience like Sierra Vista Invitational once again; Troy! Unfortunately for me, things didn't go as I had planned, and I ended up placing worse at this invitational than at Sierra Vista Invitational, which was a harder invitational in my opinion. However, I'd like to thank everyone that made this invitational possible, my experience was similar to that of Sierra Vista, so thank you to all of you! <3

Circuit Lab (6th): This test was very good in my opinion, although in my opinion slightly easier than Sierra Vista. We did very bad in almost all sections. Many mistakes were made, both by my partner and I. I still think that the test was good, especially that box scenario, which I thought was pretty creative. Too bad errors and getting kicked from the test also contributed to us doing worse, but that's not the tournament's fault. :( 8.5/10

Crime Busters (13th): Like SV, this test was also pretty good. Our overall score was low, so there was a lot of improvements to be made. The point values were a little weird, but it's not really an issue. There were plenty of general questions that made us slip up, and we didn't finish the analysis at all, which probably contributed a lot to us not placing this time, unlike SV. However, this has allowed us to learn a lot more from this experience, and hopefully given the opportunity like this once again, perhaps we can do a lot better. 8/10

Density Lab (2nd): This test was on the easier side, and we knew how to do almost all the problems. We ended up getting a pretty high overall score. Many of the points lost were due to calculation errors or thinking too hard, or other errors we should not have made. The most annoying thing about this test though was the unit conversions. Units such as cubic feet and Rankine were used in the test, but luckily we had prepared for a scenario such as this. Overall, the test wasn't bad, and I liked some questions, such as the last question about buoyancy, but perhaps the difficulty could've been taken up just a notch. 6.5/10
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Umaroth »

Totally forgot to post when I announced on the Discord, but the Division B Troy Invitational will be held December 4th, 2021, in-person! Registration has begun on https://scilympiad.com/ca-troy.
These users thanked the author Umaroth for the post (total 2):
builderguy135 (August 25th, 2021, 3:25 pm) • sciolyperson1 (August 25th, 2021, 7:13 pm)
Cal 2026

Umaroth's Userpage

Return to “2021 Invitationals”