Michigan 2019

0ddrenaline
Division: Grad
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2019

Post by 0ddrenaline »

Jengland wrote: What was the scoring error?
Allendale was scored as a no-show in Designer Genes, while they should have been 4th place.
Jengland
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jengland »

0ddrenaline wrote:
Allendale was scored as a no-show in Designer Genes, while they should have been 4th place.
That would put you guys at a tie with Aviation point-wise then, right? Are ties broken based on number of first place medals?
0ddrenaline
Division: Grad

Post by 0ddrenaline »

Jengland wrote:
0ddrenaline wrote:
That would put you guys at a tie with Aviation point-wise then, right? Are ties broken based on number of first place medals?
This also bumped WMAA down one point, so it's not a tie.
Regardless, WMAA has made awesome improvements lately. It's scary when a team improves so quickly!
Jengland

Post by Jengland »

0ddrenaline wrote:
Jengland wrote:
0ddrenaline wrote: Allendale was scored as a no-show in Designer Genes, while they should have been 4th place.
This also bumped WMAA down one point, so it's not a tie.
Regardless, WMAA has made awesome improvements lately. It's scary when a team improves so quickly!
Oh, yep, didn't think about that. Well congrats to you guys!
kaurs
Division: B

Post by kaurs »

I'm really excited and nervous about the state competition. My school hasn't gone in a long time and I dont really know what to expect. I keep imagining regionals, but I know its A TON more competetive than that. How do you feels about the competition. I really want to place in all my events.
Sapphire

Post by Sapphire »

kaurs wrote:I'm really excited and nervous about the state competition. My school hasn't gone in a long time and I dont really know what to expect. I keep imagining regionals, but I know its A TON more competetive than that. How do you feels about the competition. I really want to place in all my events.
As a person from a school that has never not gone to states, just don't get lost and try your best. Try to keep your cool and study. Try not to start studying just 24 hours before the competition, and it's always nice to have everyone place in top 8 for every event, but it's fine if you don't. It's really competitive though, so it's fine if your school doesn't make it to nationals. Just be happy that you've already made it this far!
Pioneer High School
SHASO2018

Post by SHASO2018 »

kaurs wrote:I'm really excited and nervous about the state competition. My school hasn't gone in a long time and I dont really know what to expect. I keep imagining regionals, but I know its A TON more competetive than that. How do you feels about the competition. I really want to place in all my events.
First of all, congrats on making it to states. It is really competitive, but it's also REALLY fun when you take it all in. The awards ceremony is the best. The campus can also get a little confusing, so make sure you know where all your impounds and testing areas are. When you know what you are doing in an event, your confidence shoots straight up, so make sure to study for a good amount of time.

Good luck at states! (Not going this year, shooting for next year :D )
R.I.P Region 15
Idk-2018

I'm getting too old for this
Oblivion

Post by Oblivion »

With under a week left, who do you think is going to make it nats?
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MO
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by dxu46 »

Oblivion wrote:With under a week left, who do you think is going to make it nats?
Honestly, both divisions look like a complete toss-up (minus Northville for C)
Oblivion

Post by Oblivion »

dxu46 wrote:
Oblivion wrote:With under a week left, who do you think is going to make it nats?
Honestly, both divisions look like a complete toss-up (minus Northville for C)
I agree, especially for div C 2-5 seems pretty close

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”