sourpatchkids wrote:states predictions anyone?
For div B it's kind of hard to tell, and I will definitely be revising this after Cornell because we haven't really seen anything from Eagle Hill, Goff, or Murphy yet. But there have been results from Bay Academy, Gelinas, and other prominent schools, so here goes nothing.
- Very strong contender this year with great placings at LISO and Rustin
2-5. Some combination of Eagle Hill/Goff/Murphy/Bay Academy
- Because of the lack of results I'm kind of hesitant to definitively put anyone here, but I do think that Bay Academy has a decent chance at making nationals this year; they've been working hard, as we can see in their invitational results
6. C.J. Hooker?
- Based on LISO and Rustin results, they seem pretty good and they'll definitely be able to get at least top 8 at states
7. South Woods
- This is pretty speculative but they performed very well at regionals this year when they beat C.P. Weber
- Based on their admirable LISO placing (8th) because they placed above all the other New York teams that usually get 6th and below
9. C.P. Weber
- C.P. Weber seems much weaker this year, from their 2nd place at regionals to their 26th at Rustin and 12th at LISO
- Not really sure who else to put in here, as not too many regionals have happened yet, but Islip seems to be doing relatively well based on their 14th at LISO, and the fact that Port Jeff is definitely not going to do as well this year because they lost a lot of good 9th graders
So, yeah, this is all speculation, but Cornell results will definitely improve my predictions, and as the div B regionals start happening, we'll see more about who's doing well and who isn't.