amk578
Division: C
State: IN

Re: Indiana 2020

Post by amk578 »

pikachu4919 wrote: December 12th, 2019, 12:38 pm
amk578 wrote: December 12th, 2019, 12:36 pm
cbrant554 wrote: December 12th, 2019, 12:09 pm

I think he is talking about the Raymond park Invite and I know that TJ aren't going to that and I dont think that RP is competing.
Yes, TJ is not going and Raymond Park is competing, however I believe last year they weren't ranked in the top five. It is likely this would be the case this year. If they were, they'll probably be in the top 2.
Wilbur Wright historically hasn't done well at invites that are earlier in the year, so I wouldn't count on them to place in the top 5.
I believe while RP competes, they don’t include themselves in overall team rankings when it comes to team awards.
Yeah that's what I meant
2018 - Anatomy, Crime Busters, & Road
2019 - Anatomy, Disease, Heredity, & Road
2020 - Anatomy, DGenes, Disease, Forensics, Ping Pong Parachute, & Protein Modeling
2021 - Anatomy, Chem Lab, DGenes, Disease, Machines, & Protein Modeling
dcrxcode
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by dcrxcode »

pikachu4919 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 9:14 pm
amk578 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 8:35 pm
Carmel very likely did not bring their veterans and (I think this was stated somewhere in last year's thread) they use the earlier invites as a way for freshmen/underclassmen to learn the system and get acclimated to competition.
Even tho I haven't been in contact in a while, I can confirm Carmel has had a tradition of bringing first-year members to Whiting Invitational for a really long while now. In less often occasions, it can be challenging to make teams that are ENTIRELY first-year students. For example, my junior year, I was a captain so I originally wasn't going to be competing at Whiting but Dan Nichols apparently let us have a third team at the last minute before the tournament, so the "C" team ended up getting stacked with really experienced members due to those circumstances, since we had already filled the first two teams with as many first-years as we could. Those situations are rare, though, so majority of Carmel's Whiting squads are indeed first-years (with especially huge emphasis on freshmen and sophomores), maybe a rare veteran every now and then in case of needing to fill holes.
That C team was a lit team - I remember being on it. I went back and looked at the results and we were 4th to Hinsdale Central, Valpo, and Whiting. Those were good times.
pikachu4919
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

dcrxcode wrote: December 12th, 2019, 1:27 pm
pikachu4919 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 9:14 pm
amk578 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 8:35 pm
Carmel very likely did not bring their veterans and (I think this was stated somewhere in last year's thread) they use the earlier invites as a way for freshmen/underclassmen to learn the system and get acclimated to competition.
Even tho I haven't been in contact in a while, I can confirm Carmel has had a tradition of bringing first-year members to Whiting Invitational for a really long while now. In less often occasions, it can be challenging to make teams that are ENTIRELY first-year students. For example, my junior year, I was a captain so I originally wasn't going to be competing at Whiting but Dan Nichols apparently let us have a third team at the last minute before the tournament, so the "C" team ended up getting stacked with really experienced members due to those circumstances, since we had already filled the first two teams with as many first-years as we could. Those situations are rare, though, so majority of Carmel's Whiting squads are indeed first-years (with especially huge emphasis on freshmen and sophomores), maybe a rare veteran every now and then in case of needing to fill holes.
That C team was a lit team - I remember being on it. I went back and looked at the results and we were 4th to Hinsdale Central, Valpo, and Whiting. Those were good times.
I was on that C team too! It was indeed very lit XD And it probably confused other teams as to why the “C” team did so well
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
NOCODENOVEMBER

Post by NOCODENOVEMBER »

Don't worry everyone! I'm BACKKK! Forgot my password. Twice. Also, I hope you all did well during No Code November. I just wanted to make some predictions for RP codes.

1) Whiting
2) Carmel
3) LC
4) Raymond Park
5) Troy

Like, Comment, and Subscribe

Go SciCodeGang!

#YangGang
#SciGang
#NOCODENOVEMBER
Northridge

Post by Northridge »

Schedule for the 2020 Northridge Invitational is now posted and can be found at www.northridgesoinvitational.com We were able to follow the Indiana State Science Olympiad Schedule.
Vortexx2

Post by Vortexx2 »

Raymond Park prediction:
1. Munster
2. Carmel
3. Bloomington South
4. Bloomington North
5. LC
8th grade events: Mission Possible and Hovercraft.
High School: Codebusters, Designer genes, Gravity Vehicle, Mission Possible, Machines, Ping Pong Parachute, Boomilever, Protein Modeling.

It's been a heck of a ride, vortexx out.
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by CPScienceDude »

I never realized how big of a tournament northridge is for div c... I’m spooked now
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
amk578

Post by amk578 »

Northridge wrote: December 13th, 2019, 8:10 am Schedule for the 2020 Northridge Invitational is now posted and can be found at www.northridgesoinvitational.com We were able to follow the Indiana State Science Olympiad Schedule.
As far as I can tell there are a few conflicts that don't match the state schedule...
2018 - Anatomy, Crime Busters, & Road
2019 - Anatomy, Disease, Heredity, & Road
2020 - Anatomy, DGenes, Disease, Forensics, Ping Pong Parachute, & Protein Modeling
2021 - Anatomy, Chem Lab, DGenes, Disease, Machines, & Protein Modeling
hippo9

Post by hippo9 »

amk578 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 9:34 am
Northridge wrote: December 13th, 2019, 8:10 am Schedule for the 2020 Northridge Invitational is now posted and can be found at www.northridgesoinvitational.com We were able to follow the Indiana State Science Olympiad Schedule.
As far as I can tell there are a few conflicts that don't match the state schedule...
For example, on that schedule code conflicts with astro and dgenes, while on the state schedule it conflicts with dgenes and WIDI.
2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster
2019: Chem Lab, Code, Disease, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds
2020 and 2021: Astro, Chem Lab, Code, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds

When you miss nats twice by a combined two points :|
FiveW's

Post by FiveW's »

hippo9 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 9:37 am
amk578 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 9:34 am
For example, on that schedule code conflicts with astro and dgenes, while on the state schedule it conflicts with dgenes and WIDI.
Very Observant
Avocado's Law

Return to “2020 Regionals & States”