Florida 2020

Show your regional and state pride!
demir
State: FL

Re: Florida 2020

Postby demir » October 24th, 2019, 7:55 pm

Good luck to all Florida teams competing this weekend!

BTW, Congratulations to Markham Woods Middle for winning OSS October Invitational. OSS was not part of the team scoring as the host team, but they did edge out RCSA, which is a great success.

BocaBuilder18
Division: Grad

Postby BocaBuilder18 » October 26th, 2019, 3:31 pm

Congratulations to Boca High Team 1 for getting 1st overall at the UGA invitational! It’s a strong start to their season, which will continue at MIT in January, against some of the best teams in the country, including Archimedean.

Unofficial Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

pepperonipi
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Division: C

Postby pepperonipi » October 26th, 2019, 8:03 pm

Congratulations to Boca High Team 1 for getting 1st overall at the UGA invitational!
I thought it was a great tournament. Nice to see some other Florida schools there, too.
florida represent
⋆͛*͛ ͙͛ ⁑͛⋆͛*͛ ͙͛ヽ(°∀°人´ヮ´)ノ⋆͛*͛ ͙͛ ⁑͛⋆͛*͛ ͙͛
Holidays are snow much fun...

Boca Raton Community High School
Relevant Wiki Pages:
My Wiki Page | School Wiki Page

My Events
2019: Code Busters, Fermi Questions, Thermodynamics
2019 Trials: What the Function (MIT), Detector Building (Nationals)
2020: Detector Building, Ornithology

huppada

Postby huppada » October 26th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Congratulations to Boca High Team 1 for getting 1st overall at the UGA invitational! It’s a strong start to their season, which will continue at MIT in January, against some of the best teams in the country, including Archimedean.

Unofficial Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Good job guys!!! Glad to see us Florida teams starting off strong this year 😁
Orlando Science Schools '20
2020 Events: Disease Detectives, Forensics, Protein Modeling

scienceisfunalil

Postby scienceisfunalil » November 23rd, 2019, 5:53 pm

Does anyone have OSS inv results?
scio alum

demir

Postby demir » November 23rd, 2019, 8:17 pm

It is here!

I want to thank everyone who took their time to write a test (or two, or more) for our invitational. Special thanks to Boca Raton and UFSO. You rock! For the first time ever, we did not need to prepare 10+ events for our invitational and the test quality was very good, if not being a little too challenging. But, not many complained, so it is all good :)

Also, congratulations to River City Science, the official winners!

pepperonipi
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator

Postby pepperonipi » November 24th, 2019, 8:23 am

It is here!

I want to thank everyone who took their time to write a test (or two, or more) for our invitational. Special thanks to Boca Raton and UFSO. You rock! For the first time ever, we did not need to prepare 10+ events for our invitational and the test quality was very good, if not being a little too challenging. But, not many complained, so it is all good :)

Congrats to RCSA! Awesome to see all of the people that helped OSS out with this one. :D

Relevant Wiki Pages:

My Events

jaah5211

Postby jaah5211 » November 24th, 2019, 8:44 pm

It is here!

Congrats to RCSA! Awesome to see all of the people that helped OSS out with this one. :D
I personally want to thank Boca Raton Science Olympiad members and their alumni for helping out with this invitational by creating high quality tests. Last year, it was very hard for our school to find test writers for the invy. Without you guys, this invy would have been almost impossible. Next time we go to the same comp. (MIT i think), I wan to say thanks again in person (so we should meet up lol) . (especially to Alyssa, Sophia, and Pepperonipi).
This assistance proves that science olympiad is much more than competition; it is also about helping each other make science more fun and available to other inexperienced/experienced schools. . So thanks again!

And Congrats to RCSA! It is amazing to see how fast their high school team is growing.
2019 - 2020
Chemistry Lab, Protein Modeling, Forensics.

pepperonipi
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator

Postby pepperonipi » November 25th, 2019, 4:29 am

It is here!

I personally want to thank Boca Raton Science Olympiad members and their alumni for helping out with this invitational by creating high quality tests. Last year, it was very hard for our school to find test writers for the invy. Without you guys, this invy would have been almost impossible. Next time we go to the same comp. (MIT i think), I wan to say thanks again in person (so we should meet up lol) . (especially to Alyssa, Sophia, and Pepperonipi).
This assistance proves that science olympiad is much more than competition; it is also about helping each other make science more fun and available to other inexperienced/experienced schools. . So thanks again!

And Congrats to RCSA! It is amazing to see how fast their high school team is growing.
Glad our school could help. I think I could say a lot of us really enjoy helping the Science Olympiad community, which includes assisting tournaments like OSS and UFSO. :)

P.S. I'm down for a meetup for sure, and I could see how many other Boca people would want to go. We'd have to arrange spot/time, but we can do that as the tournament gets closer if you're serious about having a meetup. Lmk.

Relevant Wiki Pages:

My Events

Killboe

Postby Killboe » November 25th, 2019, 7:59 am

It is here!

Always love seeing a well-run invitational, especially in FL, props to everybody that helped out!

Congratulations to RCSA! Considering they started their HS team just last year, they've grown a lot.
Stanton College Preparatory

Return to “Regionals & States”