Pennsylvania 2020

lavarball
Division: C
State: PA

Re: Pennsylvania 2020

Post by lavarball »

Paypog wrote: January 14th, 2020, 3:11 pm HOLD UP wait a minute.. East retired? :cry:
Ok so it’s not just me who didn’t know
Eagle View MS 2014-2017
Cumberland Valley HS 2017-2020
Penn State University 2020-2024
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Yup, I suppose it was a bit under the radar. I was never really sure what the best place to put it would be.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
BigBootyBason
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BigBootyBason »

BAVF Superscored:

1. WWPN 94
2. CV 106
3. Rustin 169
4. LM 181
5. Kellenberg 247
6. Harriton 255
7. GNS 256
8. Conestoga 279
Fermilegend

Post by Fermilegend »

BigBootyBason wrote: January 16th, 2020, 8:07 am BAVF Superscored:

1. WWPN 94
2. CV 106
3. Rustin 169
4. LM 181
5. Kellenberg 247
6. Harriton 255
7. GNS 256
8. Conestoga 279
cumberland valley :oops:
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Alright, here are my semi-retired-but-still-somewhat-paying-attention thoughts on invites so far. The next ones might not come out for 2-4 weeks so enjoy them:

Division B
  • Eagle View looks like they'll be right in the middle of the fight for nationals spots. Combined with Springhouse looking vulnerable and it should be an exciting year. Impact at nationals may be muted though, Gelinas, Solon, and Longfellow looked clear above any of them at Rustin.
  • Mountain View is continuing the upward trend Good Hope showed, as they seem like a legitimate top 10 contender on par with Strath Haven and Garnet Valley. Big gap right now between them and the top 5.
  • Tredyffrin/Easttown and North Pocono seem improved, Springton Lake has some work to do.
Division C
  • I was skeptical last year of Cumberland Valley's chances of making nationals. Completely different story this year. It's early but CV is leading the race for the 2nd PA slot right now.
  • Shady Side looks strong as well. If I had to rank the teams right now I'd put them over Lower Merion, which has started slow and could be on a downturn after their peak. The race depends a lot on how big of an improvement Rustin shows, but it seems we're finally at a point where the C conversation is not just SEPA teams. Exciting times.
  • Garnet Valley is in striking distance of Stoga/Penncrest, but work is left to be done. I do not see either of the latter two reaching the top 5 this year.
  • The fight for the top half of the 10s will be a lot of fun again this year. Hershey looks back in it as well. The middle tier has never been more competitive.
  • A look at my homeland of NEPA: Abington Heights has the upper hand right now to take back its title. North Pocono is not far off. Athens is predictably better given Harlan Rowe's success, and I'd guess they'll be in the second tier of NEPA with Stroudsburg and maybe Dallas.
  • Shipley seems to have taken a step back this year. With the SEPA split, changes to any one team will make a bigger difference in their region, so it could open the door for someone to sneak in.
  • Mount Lebanon could get 2nd at SWPA this year. SWPA may not be the toughest region but it'd be a remarkable rise for a 2nd year team.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
BBCode Wiki

Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 8:55 pmMountain View is continuing the upward trend Good Hope showed
Wait... what team is this? The only Mountain View I can think of is in the CA HS. I've never heard of them before.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Unome wrote: January 16th, 2020, 9:15 pm
EastStroudsburg13 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 8:55 pmMountain View is continuing the upward trend Good Hope showed
Wait... what team is this? The only Mountain View I can think of is in the CA HS. I've never heard of them before.
As I understand, it was a new school built to replace Good Hope, and they changed the name of the school for good measure. Why they changed it to one of the most generic names possible, I cannot say.

Helpful Links
Wiki
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
BBCode Wiki

lavarball

Post by lavarball »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 9:35 pm
Unome wrote: January 16th, 2020, 9:15 pm
As I understand, it was a new school built to replace Good Hope, and they changed the name of the school for good measure. Why they changed it to one of the most generic names possible, I cannot say.
They wanted to be more like eagle view so they tried their best by changing the name
Eagle View MS 2014-2017
Cumberland Valley HS 2017-2020
Penn State University 2020-2024

Post by 112358132134 »

On the central east side of things I'm surprised by Perkiomen's performace at Battle at Valley Forge. It's really a compeititon between Parkland and Northwestern for Central East but we haven't seen any results from Parkland yet this year so who knows at this point. Allentown Central Catholic did pretty well at BVF too.
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

112358132134 wrote: January 17th, 2020, 6:09 am On the central east side of things I'm surprised by Perkiomen's performace at Battle at Valley Forge. It's really a compeititon between Parkland and Northwestern for Central East but we haven't seen any results from Parkland yet this year so who knows at this point. Allentown Central Catholic did pretty well at BVF too.
Perkiomen School and Perkiomen Valley are two different teams, easily confused. Still not sure what Perkiomen Valley is like this year, or if they are still at CEPA ir if they're competing at SEPA North.

Helpful Links
Wiki
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
BBCode Wiki

Return to “2020 Regionals & States”