Indiana 2021

hippo9
Division: C
State: IN

Re: Indiana 2021

Post by hippo9 »

amineral wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 11:57 am
Vortexx2 wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 11:50 am I don't know much about Div B, but looking at TJ's results from this year, they are still dominant. And now that Raymond Park has fallen off, there is no true contender in Div B and TJ will be able to get another low score. Additionally, in 2019 if you take away the build events, IIRC Carmel would have gotten a score of 55. That was 2 years ago. They are a much stronger team now, and they can easily get a sub-40 score. I think this year it is MORE LIKELY that the two champions get a combined score less than 110 than it not happening.
Yeah TJ should get around 40 or 50 easily. Its all about if Carmel gets 60 like expected or if they don't. Anyways the true hot take of my take was that the champions of each division would have the lowest score in their division.
That wouldn't be such a big deal imo because there's literally 4 less events counting towards score this year
2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster
2019: Chem Lab, Code, Disease, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds
2020 and 2021: Astro, Chem Lab, Code, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds

When you miss nats twice by a combined two points :|
amineral
Has thanked: 0

Post by amineral »

Vortexx2 wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 11:57 am It would be cool if we had another google forum survey like we had 2 years ago, with overall placings 1-5 but also guessing specific event winners.
1. Carmel
2. Munster
3. BHN
4. BHS
5. Lake Braddock
That'd be my prediction for every event and it'd win
amineral

Post by amineral »

Just in per sources: Carmel plans on using less then 10 members at state. The ultimate flex
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by CPScienceDude »

Vortexx2 wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 11:57 am It would be cool if we had another google forum survey like we had 2 years ago, with overall placings 1-5 but also guessing specific event winners.
Yessir, will work on it.

Edit: I'll post it this weekend and then post results the day before state.
Last edited by CPScienceDude on March 2nd, 2021, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
amk578

Post by amk578 »

amineral wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 1:48 pm Just in per sources: Carmel plans on using less then 10 members at state. The ultimate flex
Oh this could actually be true, cause I believe Carmel will also be competing in the Mason Invitational, which is the same date (March 20) as state. Very interesting!! :shock:
2018 - Anatomy, Crime Busters, & Road
2019 - Anatomy, Disease, Heredity, & Road
2020 - Anatomy, DGenes, Disease, Forensics, Ping Pong Parachute, & Protein Modeling
2021 - Anatomy, Chem Lab, DGenes, Disease, Machines, & Protein Modeling
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by CPScienceDude »

Div C predictions! Will make one for div b this weekend prob. https://forms.gle/SwrufHSK7epbUiGc8
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
Vortexx2

Post by Vortexx2 »

It will be very interesting to see how the State committee will handle any problems with scilympiad during the state tournament. Considering that the website has crashed on multiple occasions and there are a massive amount of tournaments being run on the same day as state, is seems pretty likely that the site is going to crash...
8th grade events: Mission Possible and Hovercraft.
High School: Codebusters, Designer genes, Gravity Vehicle, Mission Possible, Machines, Ping Pong Parachute, Boomilever, Protein Modeling.

It's been a heck of a ride, vortexx out.
l0lit
State: FL

Post by l0lit »

Although not explicitly stated, from the Detector Building Tournament Format document we can assume we do not have to submit a video of the working build for State since it says nothing about running the actual build right? This goes against a previous event update and instructions for Invite 2C so just wanted to check.

If we do, we haven't gotten LED ranges or any approximate temperatures either so that may be a problem.
Any opinions stated on this site are not official, the only official information can be found at soinc.org

University of South Florida '25
Carmel SciOly Alumni, Captain 2019-21
Tests written
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by CPScienceDude »

l0lit wrote: March 16th, 2021, 3:58 pm Although not explicitly stated, from the Detector Building Tournament Format document we can assume we do not have to submit a video of the working build for State since it says nothing about running the actual build right? This goes against a previous event update and instructions for Invite 2C so just wanted to check.

If we do, we haven't gotten LED ranges or any approximate temperatures either so that may be a problem.
I would just go based off the official document, so I would assume no video.
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
cach
Been thanked: 0

Post by cach »

Vortexx2 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 11:59 am It will be very interesting to see how the State committee will handle any problems with scilympiad during the state tournament. Considering that the website has crashed on multiple occasions and there are a massive amount of tournaments being run on the same day as state, is seems pretty likely that the site is going to crash...
I think there are 38 tournaments being run on the same day, including state, so they probably saw that and made a contingency plan to account for this

Return to “2021 Regionals & States”