Kyanite wrote: Rossyspsce wrote:
Unome wrote:1. Troy
2. Solon (pending future results, might move them up)
3. Mounds View (pay attention)
4. Mason/Centerville (even odds on either in my opinion)
7. Clements (2 places lower if Seven Lakes, 4 places lower if LASA)
8. Mira Loma
9. Boca Raton
11. WW-P North
13. Northville (seems similar strength as last year)
16. Grand Haven (9th-16th was really close for me)
17. Ward Melville
18. Bayard Rustin/Lower Merion (best bets on these two)
19. New Trier
20. Clark (hype)
21. Madison West (Hamilton is getting strong)
22. Pembroke Hill
Placing Camas at 14th is interesting, due to the bombs they've had at the two invitationals they've had so far. Also, they got second to Bothell, who went to nationals as of 2016. Inglemoor also seems a strong competitor in the state of Washington. Not sure how much this carries, but Inglemoor also holds the 2015-17 ms state champions, who would now be juniors and seniors with nationals experience.
idk probably wrong but anyone else have thoughts?
Camas got second to Bothel due to the tiebreaker using first place medals, and the same tie occurred at Aviation last year except Camas won the tiebreaker, and well you saw how state went. Camas is often a late blooming team due to the time taken to refine their builds.
based off GGSO result, Bothell really stepped up their game, coming 7th overall. Also, looking at Camas, their builds bombed out on what I presume is their A team, black, while their other team, red, placed in all builds except for boom