Scioly.org Meetup Thread!

Galahad
Division: Grad
State: HI

Re: Scioly.org Meetup Thread!

Post by Galahad »

MadCow2357 wrote:
pepperonipi wrote:
pikachu4919 wrote: 2. I have a scioly.org shirt but it has my nickname on the back. I should see if bernard wants to make me a green one since my status has updated since my last scioly.org shirt :P
Are these maybe ever going to be available again (not a green one, but the regular shirts)? I think I recall seeing them available last year or the year before that. :cry:
Right, that was in late 2017 I think. Or early 2018, not sure which. Bernard, iirc, said that a new batch of shirts could be made available if there was enough demand when I PMed him about it. Perhaps if more people posted their interest, there might be sufficient demand for a new batch of shirts! (I'm quite interested)
bernard wrote:
Well, in that case how do we show interest? Where would we?
Finally an alumnus!

Highlands Intermediate School '16-'19
Pearl City High School '19-'22
DMAH '18-'22
UC Irvine '26

https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Galahad
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

Galahad wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote:
pepperonipi wrote:
Are these maybe ever going to be available again (not a green one, but the regular shirts)? I think I recall seeing them available last year or the year before that. :cry:
Right, that was in late 2017 I think. Or early 2018, not sure which. Bernard, iirc, said that a new batch of shirts could be made available if there was enough demand when I PMed him about it. Perhaps if more people posted their interest, there might be sufficient demand for a new batch of shirts! (I'm quite interested)
bernard wrote:
If more people post in this thread expressed their interest, someone could send him a PM requesting another batch since there would be sufficient demand.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
jimmy-bond
State: OH
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by jimmy-bond »

MadCow2357 wrote:
Galahad wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote: Right, that was in late 2017 I think. Or early 2018, not sure which. Bernard, iirc, said that a new batch of shirts could be made available if there was enough demand when I PMed him about it. Perhaps if more people posted their interest, there might be sufficient demand for a new batch of shirts! (I'm quite interested)
If more people post in this thread expressed their interest, someone could send him a PM requesting another batch since there would be sufficient demand.
Bet. I'm down
PCHS, HI '21 | CWRU, OH '25
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA

Post by bernard »

If you would be interested in ordering a Scioly.org shirt, please send me a private message by Sunday, May 5, 2019. If there is enough interest, I will open a form for orders.

I want users to receive shirts at least one week before the national tournament so please respond promptly. Pricing and designs are at scioly.org/shirts.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

We've received enough interest in shirts, so an order form has been posted at scioly.org/shirts, where designs, shirt options, and shipping information also may be found. The form will close on Wednesday, May 8, 2019.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Now that we have a location for the swap meet, does anyone have a floor plan of the place? Ideally we'd have a spot predetermined for the meetup.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
SOnerd
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SOnerd »

Unome wrote:Now that we have a location for the swap meet, does anyone have a floor plan of the place? Ideally we'd have a spot predetermined for the meetup.
I should add that the location of the swap meet and the opening ceremonies are a ~20 minute walk apart (Barton Hall to Robert Purcell Community Center). I'm not sure how teams are planning to get there, or if this would affect the time you're planning to have the meetup start.
Ento is Lyfe. <3 Ento. <3 Bugs. <3 Insects.
I didn't choose the Bug Lyfe, the Bug Lyfe chose me.

Live and die for Teh Insectz.
Ento List Page

"Insects won't inherit the earth- they own it now." -Thomas Eisner, Entomologist

"No one can truly be called an entomologist , sir; the subject is too vast for any single human intelligence to grasp". -OW Holmes

2015 National Ento Bronze Medalist
2018 National Herpetology Bronze Medalist
2019 Herpetology National Champion

User Page
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

SOnerd wrote:
Unome wrote:Now that we have a location for the swap meet, does anyone have a floor plan of the place? Ideally we'd have a spot predetermined for the meetup.
I should add that the location of the swap meet and the opening ceremonies are a ~20 minute walk apart (Barton Hall to Robert Purcell Community Center). I'm not sure how teams are planning to get there, or if this would affect the time you're planning to have the meetup start.
Considering the distance between the locations, perhaps the meetup should start at 9:30 rather than 9. Location still TBA pending a floor plan.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
pikachu4919
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
SOnerd wrote:
Considering the distance between the locations, perhaps the meetup should start at 9:30 rather than 9. Location still TBA pending a floor plan.
But East, you're officially in charge of determining the meetup location tho! We discussed this! xD
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

Find us by the Scioly.org banner...

Return to “2019 Nationals”