Way Too Early Predictions

NSCDS3RdCaptain
Division: Grad
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by NSCDS3RdCaptain »

Will Marie Murphy make nats? I'm rooting for an upset. If MM doesn't get the bid, Woodland or SAA would probably get it.
Thermodynamics 3/26/x
Thermodynamics 7/ /x
Water Quality 3/ /x
Battery Buggy 1/2/x
Battery Buggy 2/ /x
Ecology 3/12/x
Optics 4/26/x
Density Lab 4/ /x
TheChiScientist
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by TheChiScientist »

NSCDS3RdCaptain wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 7:02 pm Will Marie Murphy make nats? I'm rooting for an upset. If MM doesn't get the bid, Woodland or SAA would probably get it.
If Woodland powerhouses this year they could dethrone MM and blow past SAA. But that all depends on MM strength this year.
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
SciolyMaster
Division: C
State: MO

Post by SciolyMaster »

Prediction: Ladue will make top 20 nats this year (and top 1 too) ;)
Ladue Science Olympiad

2021 Events: Sounds, GeoMapping, DyPlan, Astro
Past Events: WaterQual, Ping Pong, Thermo, Hovercraft, Air Trajectory, Bottle Rocket

"It's [SciolyMaster] from Ladooooooo!"
NSCDS3RdCaptain
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by NSCDS3RdCaptain »

TheChiScientist wrote: September 4th, 2019, 6:46 am
NSCDS3RdCaptain wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 7:02 pm Will Marie Murphy make nats? I'm rooting for an upset. If MM doesn't get the bid, Woodland or SAA would probably get it.
If Woodland powerhouses this year they could dethrone MM and blow past SAA. But that all depends on MM strength this year.
Agreed. I think that Woodland could do this if they keep up their incredible momentum. In their first year at state they got 1st in division A (16th overall). There was incredible momentum from the end of their first year at state to their second, earning them 3rd in AA (3rd overall). For the purpose of comparison, DW had 82 points, MM had 111, Woodland had 20, SAA had 247, and Woodlawn had 248. At the 1 invitational that I went to with them, they demolished Woodlawn and MM JV (an incredible team in its own right).
Thermodynamics 3/26/x
Thermodynamics 7/ /x
Water Quality 3/ /x
Battery Buggy 1/2/x
Battery Buggy 2/ /x
Ecology 3/12/x
Optics 4/26/x
Density Lab 4/ /x
Tailsfan101
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

As far as bids go, here are some new teams I'm hoping for:

Division B
Redmond Middle School (WA) - Has gotten second in WA now two seasons in a row, perhaps this is the year they take down Evergreen
Davidson Academy (NV) - Beat Hyde Park for the first time ever last season, yet still lost to Bob Miller, perhaps they can pull off their first win this year
Homeschool Science Colorado (CO) - Has gotten second now eight times in a row, hoping that they can beat Preston for the first time
Horizon Middle School (ND) - If they can pull things together, they may be able to beat Wachter
Austin Area Homeschoolers (TX) - I know I'm biased, but perhaps someone besides Beckendorff will top Kealing; if not Austin, then Bonham Middle School may be a good bet
Armstrong Middle School (MS) - With Germantown's NS at Nats last season, it may finally be time that someone tops them, and Armstrong was second last season
American Heritage Middle School (FL) - Florida's second bid could go to them, RCSA, or Archimedean, or Galaxy with an upset
Magsig Middle School (OH) - We'll see if Tower Heights gets second or not this year, Magsig might pull an upset
Urbana Middle School (MD) - Was quite close behind North Bethesda last season, could take their first win this season
National Cathedral School (DC) - With their C team doing well, why can't their B team do the same?
Bala Cynwyd Middle School (PA) - Pennsylvania's second bid could go three ways this season, as Harlan Rowe and Shady Side will be contending as well

Division C
Mountain View High School (CA-N) - Was a mere 11 points behind Mira Loma last season, maybe the dynasty will finally end this season
Homeschool Science Colorado (CO) - Runner-up now two times in a row, and with Fossil Ridge's mediocre Nats performance, HSC may have a shot
Century High School (ND) - Got second for the first time ever last season, and after finishing only nine points behind Legacy, they're primed for a win
Orlando Science School (FL) - After being the third best school at state two years in a row, OSS may take Archimedean's bid this year
Naperville North High School (IL) - With a strong season, they might be able to snag a bid away from Stevenson or New Trier this year
Troy High School (MI) - Came in third in MI last season, and has a shot at a Nats bid with a strong season
May River High School (SC) - Following Clinton's defeat and Academic Magnet's poor Nats performance, May River may snag their first win this year
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
TheChiScientist

Tailsfan101 wrote: September 6th, 2019, 5:04 pm Division C
Naperville North High School (IL) - With a strong season, they might be able to snag a bid away from Stevenson or New Trier this year
This powerhouse team will have a senior cap issue this year as last season I believe they where mostly juniors. Also while Stevenson performance was lackluster last season at state they powered their way into a 6th place at Nats much to my surprise. As for New Trier they have lost some good members but with an 8th place at Nats last year and their overall balanced team dynamic I have no problem seeing them take a top 2 bid at IL state this season. Might revise these statements once I see results from Palatine invitational.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
pikachu4919
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

TheCrazyChemist wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 12:52 pm Munster makes nats... mebbe

Munster lost one of their coaches over the summer. I wouldn't doubt them, but based on the one they did lose, that could be quite a bit of a blow for them this upcoming season. Although if Carmel runs into internal disputes, then that could open up the door for one of the other top five/six.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
hmmm
State: NJ

Post by hmmm »

Community bombs states for the 1st time in 19 years
Community 2017-2019
WWP North 2019-2023
Wiki Userpage
ericlepanda

Post by ericlepanda »

TheChiScientist wrote:This powerhouse team will have a senior cap issue this year as last season I believe they where mostly juniors.
I heard that they had the max amount of seniors last year?
TheChiScientist wrote: September 9th, 2019, 6:51 am As for New Trier they have lost some good members
yes i concur. Now that jib's gone, the entire team is suffering from a severe lack of memery. Honestly, I don't think we'll ever recover.
ntso
quack quack
TheChiScientist

ericlepanda wrote: September 16th, 2019, 6:55 am
TheChiScientist wrote:This powerhouse team will have a senior cap issue this year as last season I believe they where mostly juniors.
I heard that they had the max amount of seniors last year?
TheChiScientist wrote: September 9th, 2019, 6:51 am As for New Trier they have lost some good members
yes i concur. Now that jib's gone, the entire team is suffering from a severe lack of memery. Honestly, I don't think we'll ever recover.
They did have max seniors last year just the rest of the team were juniors so that could put them in a precarious position. Time will tell probably though. Yes poor poor Jibby. Never forget Jibby lol.

Return to “2020 Nationals”