Way Too Early Predictions

MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: RI

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by MadCow2357 »

Irrelevant, but Hope Highlands Middle School has a chance at the RI bid this year (MadDogeDoggo kind of a scioly god)
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

SOPomo wrote: December 9th, 2019, 1:34 pm CA 1-2, Kennedy beats their old score and Jeffrey Trail gets 2nd.
Hm, a bold prediction. How was Kennedy at Churchill?
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
SOPomo
Has thanked: 0

Post by SOPomo »

Unome wrote: December 9th, 2019, 8:24 pm
SOPomo wrote: December 9th, 2019, 1:34 pm CA 1-2, Kennedy beats their old score and Jeffrey Trail gets 2nd.
They beat JT by 30. A score of 71 with three other schools (JT, Kraemer, Churchill) who have been top ten nationals finishers in the last couple years.

I dunno that it's that bold, Kraemer was 6th last year and the SoCal team will improve but it feels like JT this year. Community is supposed to be on the downslope and JT already beat Beckendorff at UTA. Solon could make me wrong, but it just feels like CA's on the up and up competitively. We'll see!
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Umaroth »

SOPomo wrote: December 10th, 2019, 10:29 pm
They beat JT by 30. A score of 71 with three other schools (JT, Kraemer, Churchill) who have been top ten nationals finishers in the last couple years.

I dunno that it's that bold, Kraemer was 6th last year and the SoCal team will improve but it feels like JT this year. Community is supposed to be on the downslope and JT already beat Beckendorff at UTA. Solon could make me wrong, but it just feels like CA's on the up and up competitively. We'll see!
I'm still confident in my kids that they can make it out of states, but I do agree that whichever team makes it out of SoCal will be up there, top 4 or 5.
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
MacintoshJosh
State: VA

Post by MacintoshJosh »

How does anyone think about Virginia teams? TJHSST had a great season last year, and I know there were strong sophomores and juniors on their team. Also, Langley seems to be doing well this year, at least from their placing at this year's Cornell Invitational. Fairfax seems to be declining, and Lake Braddock is somewhat strong this year. I still think TJHSST is taking states though. Thoughts?
Tailsfan101
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

MacintoshJosh wrote: December 11th, 2019, 7:44 am How does anyone think about Virginia teams? TJHSST had a great season last year, and I know there were strong sophomores and juniors on their team. Also, Langley seems to be doing well this year, at least from their placing at this year's Cornell Invitational. Fairfax seems to be declining, and Lake Braddock is somewhat strong this year. I still think TJHSST is taking states though. Thoughts?
I imagine the top C teams will be about the same as last year, with TJHSST winning again, followed by Langley, Fairfax, and Lake Braddock. As for B, I think Cooper has a great chance this year as upsetting Longfellow. Luther Jackson will likely hold 3rd, and I feel like J. Michael Lunsford will get 4th again, with a smaller margin between them and the top three.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
SONica
Been thanked: 0

Post by SONica »

Both Kraemer and JT beat Churchill?? Surprise!
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Umaroth »

SONica wrote: December 11th, 2019, 6:25 pm

Both Kraemer and JT beat Churchill?? Surprise!
Not too big of a surprise, Churchill typically doesn't stack for invites. JT had a strong showing, not unexpected given all of our changes in both of our programs. States is going to be fun for sure.
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
Doctheduck
State: MT
Been thanked: 0

Post by Doctheduck »

I know that this is irrelevant to top tier nationals competition, but do you guys think that any of the schools from smaller states could do better than previous years. Im talking like MT, ID, WY and states like that
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Doctheduck wrote: December 12th, 2019, 12:36 pm I know that this is irrelevant to top tier nationals competition, but do you guys think that any of the schools from smaller states could do better than previous years. Im talking like MT, ID, WY and states like that
I haven't seen anything in particular that would point to such occurrences. Generally there are some signs, as there were with Clark some years back.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Return to “2020 Nationals”