23. Lower Merion
24. Mounds View
25. Troy (MI)
26. Brookwood
27. Boca
28. River Hill
29. DuPont Manual
30. Archimedean

I'd like to know what y'all think but please don't tear me apart lol.
Yale University, Class of 2026 | Marquette University High School, Class of 2022
Medal Count: 128 | Gold Count: 67
Userpage: https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User: ... yalchemist
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by BennyTheJett »

I think NCSSM is a tad high, as well as Tesla. I'd put TJ at 7 and bump everything down. I'd also put Mountain View in 3rd and WWPN in second. I think Troy is better than 7L. Troy MI is also a bit high, and I think you may be sleeping on Grand Haven for the second MI bid. We'll see how UMSO plays out. I'd slide Madison West up to the 12 spot and also adjust everything else accordingly. Keep in mind that most of the teams on this list attended MIT, and 19th is definitely selling them short. Clark at 16 seems a tad high, and I think that Pioneer is sneakily a top 15 team. DuPont is low 20s as well. Both Florida bids are also too high imo.
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
will0416
Division: C
State: OH

Post by will0416 »

imo Troy will rise again, but I'd say MTV should be ranked 1st on any list. They seem like a much more complete team than any other atm.
Mason ‘22
2021 Nats:
Chem - 1
Code - 5
SOM - 2
Boomi - 2

2019 Nats:
Code - 4
Mission - 4

Check out will0416's Userpage
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by builderguy135 »

idk what the rest is but

1) mtv
2) mason
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North '22
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
smayya337
State: VA

Post by smayya337 »

Haven't been paying too much attention to Carmel since CMU - have they really been doing well enough to place T10 nationally? I'd probably put them somewhere around where Tesla STEM is now, but I might be working off of limited information.
TJHSST '22 | UVA '26
smayya337's Userpage
legendaryalchemist
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: WI

Post by legendaryalchemist »

smayya337 wrote: February 25th, 2021, 5:08 am Haven't been paying too much attention to Carmel since CMU - have they really been doing well enough to place T10 nationally? I'd probably put them somewhere around where Tesla STEM is now, but I might be working off of limited information.
Based on Solon and GGSO, they seem to be on roughly the same level as Stevenson. Also, they beat Troy, Stevenson, & WWPS superscored at GGSO so they're pretty good.
Yale University, Class of 2026 | Marquette University High School, Class of 2022
hippo9
State: IN

Post by hippo9 »

legendaryalchemist wrote: February 25th, 2021, 9:47 am
smayya337 wrote: February 25th, 2021, 5:08 am Haven't been paying too much attention to Carmel since CMU - have they really been doing well enough to place T10 nationally? I'd probably put them somewhere around where Tesla STEM is now, but I might be working off of limited information.
Based on Solon and GGSO, they seem to be on roughly the same level as Stevenson. Also, they beat Troy, Stevenson, & WWPS superscored at GGSO so they're pretty good.
To be fair it appears most of the teams you mentioned from GGSO were stacked so a superscore is kinda irrelevant. It doesn't matter if your B team is better than another teams...
These users thanked the author hippo9 for the post:
Umaroth (February 25th, 2021, 10:54 am)
2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster
2019: Chem Lab, Code, Disease, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds
2020 and 2021: Astro, Chem Lab, Code, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds

When you miss nats twice by a combined two points :|
legendaryalchemist
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: WI

Post by legendaryalchemist »

hippo9 wrote: February 25th, 2021, 9:54 am
To be fair it appears most of the teams you mentioned from GGSO were stacked so a superscore is kinda irrelevant. It doesn't matter if your B team is better than another teams...
That's a fair point, but their stacked team still took 6th at GGSO so my original point stands.
hippo9
State: IN

Post by hippo9 »

legendaryalchemist wrote: February 25th, 2021, 11:05 am
hippo9 wrote: February 25th, 2021, 9:54 am

That's a fair point, but their stacked team still took 6th at GGSO so my original point stands.
Yeah for sure I agree that its a great result, I was just saying its also unfair to say they beat those teams when in reality you can't make that stretch.
2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster
2019: Chem Lab, Code, Disease, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds
2020 and 2021: Astro, Chem Lab, Code, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds

When you miss nats twice by a combined two points :|
smayya337
State: VA

Post by smayya337 »

BennyTheJett wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 12:38 pm I think NCSSM is a tad high, as well as Tesla. I'd put TJ at 7 and bump everything down. I'd also put Mountain View in 3rd and WWPN in second. I think Troy is better than 7L. Troy MI is also a bit high, and I think you may be sleeping on Grand Haven for the second MI bid. We'll see how UMSO plays out. I'd slide Madison West up to the 12 spot and also adjust everything else accordingly. Keep in mind that most of the teams on this list attended MIT, and 19th is definitely selling them short. Clark at 16 seems a tad high, and I think that Pioneer is sneakily a top 15 team. DuPont is low 20s as well. Both Florida bids are also too high imo.
Just saw this - I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I don't know if I'd put us that high... IMO SOUP should be pretty indicative of TJ's 2021 stack strength, so if you're interested in our team that's probably something to watch.
TJHSST '22 | UVA '26
smayya337's Userpage

Return to “2021 Nationals”