amk578 wrote:1. I was looking for the exact numbers of each gamete.Spermogenesis= 4 mature sperm cells, Oogenesis= 1 egg and 3 polar bodies
2. Looks good
4. That looks correct, I was just looking for a simple explanation/definition
5. Not exactly, again I was looking just in terms of its use in microarrays so hybridization is the process in which the cDNA molecules bind to the DNA probes in the slide
8. A lipoplex is a non-viral gene therapy vector. It's a combination of nucleic acid and lipids, and it's most common use is the transfer of DNA to cancer cells
1. What is the name of the process that occurs during prophase I of meiosis?
2. What is Mendel's law of independent assortment?
3. Name three differences between DNA and RNA.
4. List three types of noncoding RNA (doesn't make protein) and explain their function.
5. How is termination of transcription done in eukaryotes?
6. On what end of the tRNA does the amino acid attach to - the upper, open part or the lower, closed part?
7. How is translation initiated in eukaryotes? How is it initiated in prokaryotes?
8. What is Chargaff's rule?