Disease Detectives B/C

skar02
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Disease Detectives B/C

Post by skar02 »

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:All right. What are the four types of prevention? Give examples.
1. Tertiary- When they prevent the disease when symptoms start appearing. Ex. Someone goes to the doctor when they start vomiting or having stomach aches
2. Secondary- When they protect against the disease in the beginning(also called the latent period) o
3. Primary- When people get educated about the disease before they get it, so they do not get the disease. Ex. Educating people about washing their hands
4. Quaternary Prevention-Activities to prevent over diagnosis. Ex. Doctors should be sure that the person has a disease before prescribing medication.
Also how do we use hide tags
Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Anomaly »

skar02 wrote: 1. Tertiary- When they prevent the disease when symptoms start appearing. Ex. Someone goes to the doctor when they start vomiting or having stomach aches
2. Secondary- When they protect against the disease in the beginning(also called the latent period) o
3. Primary- When people get educated about the disease before they get it, so they do not get the disease. Ex. Educating people about washing their hands
4. Quaternary Prevention-Activities to prevent over diagnosis. Ex. Doctors should be sure that the person has a disease before prescribing medication.
Just do this:

Code: Select all

[hide]Answer|1. Tertiary- When they prevent the disease when symptoms start appearing. Ex. Someone goes to the doctor when they start vomiting or having stomach aches
Also how do we use hide tags[/hide]
to get this:
1. Tertiary- When they prevent the disease when symptoms start appearing. Ex. Someone goes to the doctor when they start vomiting or having stomach aches
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling
don't look at this its fake news now
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

skar02 wrote:
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:All right. What are the four types of prevention? Give examples.
Correct!

Use hide tags like

[hide]Here's my answer|blablabla[/hide]
or like

[answer]blablabla[/answer]
or even like

[spoiler]blablabla[/spoiler]
Your turn!
skar02

Post by skar02 »

My Question:
What class is the antibody methicillin in? What famous disease is known to be resistant to this antibody(Hint: methicillin is in the full name of this disease)
Knyte_Xjn
State: TX

Post by Knyte_Xjn »

skar02 wrote:My Question:
What class is the antibody methicillin in? What famous disease is known to be resistant to this antibody(Hint: methicillin is in the full name of this disease)
1.Penicillin 2. MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
R. I. P. 01/20/2019
Knyte_Xjn

Post by Knyte_Xjn »

Knyte_Xjn wrote:
skar02 wrote:My Question:
1.Penicillin 2. MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
Assuming I'm correct, I'll ask the next question(s).

1. What is sensitivity?
2. What is specificity?
3. What does the chi-squared value tell you?
R. I. P. 01/20/2019
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Knyte_Xjn wrote:1. What is sensitivity?
2. What is specificity?
Sensitivity is how well a test detects positives (the true positive rate). Specificity is how well a test detects negatives (the true negative rate). The chi-squared value is a measure of how far something is from an expected value or values. It is then plugged into a chi-squared distribution to obtain a p-value.
Knyte_Xjn

Post by Knyte_Xjn »

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
Knyte_Xjn wrote:1. What is sensitivity?
2. What is specificity?
Sensitivity is how well a test detects positives (the true positive rate). Specificity is how well a test detects negatives (the true negative rate). The chi-squared value is a measure of how far something is from an expected value or values. It is then plugged into a chi-squared distribution to obtain a p-value.
Looks good, your turn!
R. I. P. 01/20/2019
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Who is considered the father of field epidemiology and why?
Knyte_Xjn

Post by Knyte_Xjn »

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:Who is considered the father of field epidemiology and why?
John Snow is considered to be the father of field epidemiology because of his investigations in London to determine how cholera was spread, using statistical mapping methods to monitor distribution.
R. I. P. 01/20/2019

Return to “2019 Question Marathons”