Fossils B/C

Test your knowledge of various Science Olympiad events.
Post Reply
User avatar
azboy1910
Member
Member
Posts: 59
Joined: November 3rd, 2018, 2:19 pm
Division: B
State: NC
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Hopefully somewhere being productive for once.
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Fossils B/C

Post by azboy1910 » September 11th, 2020, 9:23 am

Ok, let's start this marathon!

Let's start off easy.

1. Order the following rock layers from youngest to oldest.
Image
Jay M. Robinson Middle School '18-now
Email: azboy1910@gmail.com

azboy1910's Userpage

User avatar
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 307
Joined: February 21st, 2019, 2:05 pm
Division: C
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: Fossils B/C

Post by BennyTheJett » September 11th, 2020, 3:55 pm

I B F M R H
Last edited by BennyTheJett on September 11th, 2020, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Menomonie Scioly

2021 Events:
Astronomy, Dynamic Planet, Fossils, Geologic Mapping, Water Quality, Possibly Geocaching.


X.

User avatar
azboy1910
Member
Member
Posts: 59
Joined: November 3rd, 2018, 2:19 pm
Division: B
State: NC
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Hopefully somewhere being productive for once.
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Fossils B/C

Post by azboy1910 » September 11th, 2020, 4:10 pm

BennyTheJett wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 3:55 pm
I B F M R H
I believe it's the other way around, if I'm not mistaken, with the order of layers R and H swapped.

So like this: R, H, M, F, B, I
Your turn!
Jay M. Robinson Middle School '18-now
Email: azboy1910@gmail.com

azboy1910's Userpage

User avatar
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 307
Joined: February 21st, 2019, 2:05 pm
Division: C
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: Fossils B/C

Post by BennyTheJett » September 11th, 2020, 4:33 pm

Wait, why would you ever go youngest to oldest? That's just not right smh.

I am a duck billed dinosaur who went extinct 76 million years ago.

1)Who am I?
2)Recent studies have suggested that this specimen had 2 genders, one was about ___________ larger in body size than the other.
3)Which gender was larger?
4)Name one of the 2 scientists who classified this organism.
5)Where were the teeth located in this organism? How does this help them eat?
Menomonie Scioly

2021 Events:
Astronomy, Dynamic Planet, Fossils, Geologic Mapping, Water Quality, Possibly Geocaching.


X.

User avatar
SciolyMaster
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: May 23rd, 2017, 4:18 pm
Division: C
State: MO
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Observable Universe
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Fossils B/C

Post by SciolyMaster » September 11th, 2020, 8:04 pm

azboy1910 wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 4:10 pm
BennyTheJett wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 3:55 pm
I B F M R H
I believe it's the other way around, if I'm not mistaken, with the order of layers R and H swapped.

So like this: R, H, M, F, B, I
Your turn!
Wouldn't the answer be H, R, M, F, B, I, since the igneous intrusion represented by H juts into the sedimentary rock layer represented by R?
Last edited by SciolyMaster on September 11th, 2020, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladue Science Olympiad

2021 Events: Sounds, GeoMapping, DyPlan, WaterQual, Astro, Ping Pong (??)
Prior Events: Thermo, Hovercraft, Air Trajectory, Bottle Rocket

"It's [SciolyMaster] from Ladooooooo!"

User avatar
azboy1910
Member
Member
Posts: 59
Joined: November 3rd, 2018, 2:19 pm
Division: B
State: NC
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Hopefully somewhere being productive for once.
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Fossils B/C

Post by azboy1910 » September 11th, 2020, 8:14 pm

SciolyMaster wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 8:04 pm
azboy1910 wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 4:10 pm
BennyTheJett wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 3:55 pm
I B F M R H
I believe it's the other way around, if I'm not mistaken, with the order of layers R and H swapped.

So like this: R, H, M, F, B, I
Your turn!
Wouldn't the answer be H, R, M, F, B, I, since the igneous intrusion represented by H juts into the sedimentary rock layer represented by R?
Yeah, you're right. My mistake.
Jay M. Robinson Middle School '18-now
Email: azboy1910@gmail.com

azboy1910's Userpage

Post Reply

Return to “Question Marathons”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests