Food Science B

Test your knowledge of various Science Olympiad events.
pikachu4919
Division: Grad
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Food Science B

Post by pikachu4919 »

2022 Question Marathon Thread for Food Science B.

Question Marathons Explained

Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
tigerjade003
Division: B
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Been thanked: 0

Re: Food Science B

Post by tigerjade003 »

Well Let's Start the Question Marathon Off!(I know, I know, there hasn't been a big tournament yet. Also, very early in the seasom :| )
Question 1: Name all the stages of Candy making, and what degrees they happen at.
Question 2: State what happens in each stage of the Citric Acid Cycle.
Question 3: What is Nucleation?
Question 4: What happens in Glycolysis?
Also, this is a question marathon. There isn't a point of this if you just search the answers up, or look it up on the wiki and just copy and paste it here.
Last edited by tigerjade003 on September 21st, 2021, 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
melaniaaachen
State: AK
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 0

Post by melaniaaachen »

tigerjade003 wrote: September 21st, 2021, 5:29 pm Well Let's Start the Question Marathon Off!(I know, I know, there hasn't been a big tournament yet. Also, very early in the seasom :| )
Question 1: Name all the stages of Candy making, and what degrees they happen at.
Also, this is a question marathon. There isn't a point of this if you just search the answers up, or look it up on the wiki and just copy and paste it here.

Nucleation, the initial process that occurs in the formation of a crystal from a solution, a liquid, or a vapour, in which a small number of ions, atoms, or molecules become arranged in a pattern characteristic of a crystalline solid, forming a site upon which additional particles are deposited as the crystal grows. Nucleation processes are classed as heterogeneous or homogeneous.
tigerjade003
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by tigerjade003 »

melaniaaachen wrote: September 27th, 2021, 12:35 pm
tigerjade003 wrote: September 21st, 2021, 5:29 pm Well Let's Start the Question Marathon Off!(I know, I know, there hasn't been a big tournament yet. Also, very early in the seasom :| )

Nucleation, the initial process that occurs in the formation of a crystal from a solution, a liquid, or a vapour, in which a small number of ions, atoms, or molecules become arranged in a pattern characteristic of a crystalline solid, forming a site upon which additional particles are deposited as the crystal grows. Nucleation processes are classed as heterogeneous or homogeneous.
Not to be rude, but it seems like you copied this off of Britannica...

Return to “2022 Question Marathons”