Times

bjt4888
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0

Re: Times

Post by bjt4888 »

Chameleon,

I coach Holt, East Lansing, Haslett and Okemos (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th at States) for Michigan Wright Stuff and will let you know some details of our flights and times after Nationals.

Congratulations on your excellent 2:30. This is a very good result in a low ceiling and I’m sure you fly much longer in a taller gym.

As you mentioned, the slightly peaked ceiling in the gym for Michigan States was 24’6” to the center beam and 23’6” for a 30 ft diameter centered circle and 22’11” for a 50 ft centered circle. As the large, flat faced I-beams were known to be very unforgiving and as there was an approximate 30 ft gentle drift from the entry door to the far corner, my teams were flying with a goal of 21 ft no-touch.

This was an excellent room for WS as the air currents were minimal and the floor space was approximately 90ft x 100ft and the ceiling was adequate height.

Brian T
Chameleon02
State: MI
Been thanked: 0

Post by Chameleon02 »

bjt4888 wrote:Chameleon,

I coach Holt, East Lansing, Haslett and Okemos (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th at States) for Michigan Wright Stuff and will let you know some details of our flights and times after Nationals.

Congratulations on your excellent 2:30. This is a very good result in a low ceiling and I’m sure you fly much longer in a taller gym.

As you mentioned, the slightly peaked ceiling in the gym for Michigan States was 24’6” to the center beam and 23’6” for a 30 ft diameter centered circle and 22’11” for a 50 ft centered circle. As the large, flat faced I-beams were known to be very unforgiving and as there was an approximate 30 ft gentle drift from the entry door to the far corner, my teams were flying with a goal of 21 ft no-touch.

This was an excellent room for WS as the air currents were minimal and the floor space was approximately 90ft x 100ft and the ceiling was adequate height.

Brian T
Hey thanks for sharing this information, Im happy to wait until after nationals to hear the results. Thanks!
Last&SeventhYearSciolyer
2020 Events: Boomilever, Wright Stuff, Protein, Chem lab, Gravvy
The Air Trajectory nostalgia hits hard
SciolyMember2394
Been thanked: 0

Post by SciolyMember2394 »

I am looking forward to nationals next week. Me and my partner have put in a lot hard working hours into this event and we are finally achieving desirable times. As of now we are getting around 4:20 in 35 ft ceilings. We found that a successful plane has to have the right combination of rubber, pitch, and lift. All in all I am happy about my performance this year and will be looking forward to seeing other planes at nationals.
klastyioer
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by klastyioer »

SciolyMember2394 wrote:I am looking forward to nationals next week. Me and my partner have put in a lot hard working hours into this event and we are finally achieving desirable times. As of now we are getting around 4:20 in 35 ft ceilings. We found that a successful plane has to have the right combination of rubber, pitch, and lift. All in all I am happy about my performance this year and will be looking forward to seeing other planes at nationals.
lmao wait who r u
it's not about the medals; go out there and have fun. make progress, learn a few things and have one heck of a time; that's all that matters.

Check out Klastyioer's Userpage!
CrayolaCrayon

Post by CrayolaCrayon »

SciolyMember2394 wrote:I am looking forward to nationals next week. Me and my partner have put in a lot hard working hours into this event and we are finally achieving desirable times. As of now we are getting around 4:20 in 35 ft ceilings. We found that a successful plane has to have the right combination of rubber, pitch, and lift. All in all I am happy about my performance this year and will be looking forward to seeing other planes at nationals.
Congrats on the time!
Last edited by CrayolaCrayon on May 28th, 2019, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
MIT '25
MIT Wright Stuff ES '22
BirdSO Wright Stuff ES '22
klastyioer

Post by klastyioer »

congrats on the time
gl to you both on sat
it's not about the medals; go out there and have fun. make progress, learn a few things and have one heck of a time; that's all that matters.

Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

klastyioer wrote:
lmao wait who r u
hmmm account made today? Suspicious if you ask me, but time is definitely achievable
klastyioer

Post by klastyioer »

Rossyspsce wrote:
klastyioer wrote:
lmao wait who r u
hmmm account made today? Suspicious if you ask me, but time is definitely achievable
thats what i was thinking
acc made today sketchy ass name (lol sry)
>_> idkk man

Return to “Wright Stuff C”