Times

banilmd
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Times

Post by banilmd »

I just competed at GGSO, don't wanna say mine because my plane broke halfway :/, but I was I was seeing times of 2:30+ for those who placed.
Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

banilmd wrote:I just competed at GGSO, don't wanna say mine because my plane broke halfway :/, but I was I was seeing times of 2:30+ for those who placed.
I was at ggso as well, what school are you from

edit:

Also here's the time breakdown

1st-3:12-bonus unknown
2nd-2:50-2:56, some debate over actual time, bonus unknown
3rd-5th, 2:44-2:40, 3rd bonus unknown, 4-5th all bonus. These places were very close, both Camas Red, 4th, first flight, and Tokay Purple, 5th, second flight, getting planes stuck
6th, somewhere in the 2:30, all bonus, plane stuck

edit 2:

many teams below top 6 were not breaking 2 minutes, with all bonus, and somewhere in the 30s not breaking 1 minute with all bonus
CrayolaCrayon
State: PA

Post by CrayolaCrayon »

Rossyspsce wrote:
banilmd wrote:I just competed at GGSO, don't wanna say mine because my plane broke halfway :/, but I was I was seeing times of 2:30+ for those who placed.

edit:

3rd-5th, 2:44-2:40, 3rd bonus unknown, 4-5th all bonus. These places were very close, both Camas Red, 4th, first flight, and Tokay Purple, 5th, second flight, getting planes stuck

edit 2:

many teams below top 6 were not breaking 2 minutes, with all bonus, and somewhere in the 30s not breaking 1 minute with all bonus

Were these no touch, or were there ceiling hits?
MIT '25
MIT Wright Stuff ES '22
BirdSO Wright Stuff ES '22
Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

CrayolaCrayon wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:

edit:

edit 2:

I didn't see 1st or 2nd, 3rd had one touch iirc, 4th was a stuck plane, then a no touch, 5th was a bunch of hits, one that sent then all the way to the ground, but was able to recover and get back up, second flight seemed strong but got stuck on a speaker at the top, 6th was a lot of hits with the wall and various obstructions, also a plane landing on the proctor table for flight 1 followed by a stuck plane on the same speaker for flight 2

A lot of teams ended up hitting the basketball hoops, normal, but they had flags hanging that caused many planes to fall until they were below the flag, and then have to recover from there. Also, the air draft was relatively bad, due to the fact the AC system was computer controlled by the university, and they had set it to automatic, meaning the AC would randomly come on during some flights, and some had none at all. On top of that, they had an open door to lead into the field house, with some mild-medium winds throughout the day
CrayolaCrayon
State: PA

Post by CrayolaCrayon »

Rossyspsce wrote:
CrayolaCrayon wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:

edit:

edit 2:

I didn't see 1st or 2nd, 3rd had one touch iirc, 4th was a stuck plane, then a no touch, 5th was a bunch of hits, one that sent then all the way to the ground, but was able to recover and get back up, second flight seemed strong but got stuck on a speaker at the top, 6th was a lot of hits with the wall and various obstructions, also a plane landing on the proctor table for flight 1 followed by a stuck plane on the same speaker for flight 2

A lot of teams ended up hitting the basketball hoops, normal, but they had flags hanging that caused many planes to fall until they were below the flag, and then have to recover from there. Also, the air draft was relatively bad, due to the fact the AC system was computer controlled by the university, and they had set it to automatic, meaning the AC would randomly come on during some flights, and some had none at all. On top of that, they had an open door to lead into the field house, with some mild-medium winds throughout the day
\

Do you have a rough estimate on ceiling height?
MIT '25
MIT Wright Stuff ES '22
BirdSO Wright Stuff ES '22
Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

CrayolaCrayon wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
CrayolaCrayon wrote:

\

Do you have a rough estimate on ceiling height?
30 ft is what I was told, but you can check the official height on the website or rsf fieldhouse at Berkley
jajefan
Division: Grad
State: OH
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by jajefan »

Rossyspsce wrote:
30 ft is what I was told, but you can check the official height on the website or rsf fieldhouse at Berkley
Just wondering if all placing teams used FFM kits?
Mouse, Wright, Circuit, Astro
Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

jajefan wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
Just wondering if all placing teams used FFM kits?
Tbh I was wondering the same thing. The mass majority of teams were using FFM kits. Tokay and Mountain View used FFM kits. Although not placing Mira Loma as well used FFM
jajefan
Division: Grad
State: OH
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by jajefan »

SOUP - 18 ft ceiling

1st - Troy with 2:30
4th - Mason with 2:10

Mentor Invite - 32 foot ceiling, bad air currents from people walking in/out