Flare propeller

NigerianScammer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flare propeller

Post by NigerianScammer »

Hey guys I was just wondering if you had any tips about using flare props. Imm using the FF kit and cut down the prop to size and also sanded it, and am currently playing around with pitch. I have it set at about 40 degrees pitch, but i’ve noticed that in testing I have to put some serious up trim on the plane and also wind past what I would need on a standard prop (standard prop .55 in oz would be more than enough, I have to go to about .65 in oz for flare) to hit the ceiling. Is this normal? My times are also not rly much different from just a regular propeller, but everyone seems to be saying flare is better. I have noticed the descent rate on flare prop is slower, but the climb rate is pretty high. I also land with slightly more winds left with the flare prop. Currently using 17.5” .094 rubber. Plane is just over 8 grams.
jinhusong
Division: C
State: CA

Re: Flare propeller

Post by jinhusong »

We have the similar time for ceiling of 23 feet. One with flare, launching torque 0.5, the other without, launching torque 0.3.
jinhusong

Post by jinhusong »

It was initial test, same rubber band, the middle one.
NigerianScammer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by NigerianScammer »

jinhusong wrote:It was initial test, same rubber band, the middle one.
In that case have you done any more testing with the flare prop? Imm just confused why so many people seem to be saying the flare prop is better when i’m not getting the same results
jinhusong

Post by jinhusong »

NigerianScammer wrote:
jinhusong wrote:It was initial test, same rubber band, the middle one.
In that case have you done any more testing with the flare prop? Imm just confused why so many people seem to be saying the flare prop is better when i’m not getting the same results

Sorry no. Students will go Disney land. Next time to test will be 03/03/19.

I heard it is for low ceiling and pretty sure there are many other peoples have experience.

Jinhu

Return to “Wright Stuff C”