klastyioer
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Kit comparison for Wright Stuff

Post by klastyioer »

Unome wrote:
coachchuckaahs wrote: Coach Chuck
Has anyone tried using carbon for the... I don't know the term... the non-spar parts of the wing? (perpendicular to the fuselage) I saw it occasionally in Helicopters, it seemed to work well.
do you mean the wing posts and stab posts like the stuff that holds the wing to the plane (ish idk how to word it)
it's not about the medals; go out there and have fun. make progress, learn a few things and have one heck of a time; that's all that matters.

Check out Klastyioer's Userpage!
klastyioer

Post by klastyioer »

CrayolaCrayon wrote:Something I'd also like to note is that the Senior Flyer works perfectly fine if you take a standard ikara, remove the clunky default bearing, insert a new hook of piano wire, and equip it to the Harlan bearing. An optional balsa prop shouldn't discount the rest of the kit altogether.
thats a very good point but i feel like people would be intimidated by the fact that the kit includes the balsa prop for you to make
like if i were someone who were unexperienced and looking for a good kit to go to i would feel less inclined knowing that i "should" build the prop cause it comes with the kit and is meant for the plane
mr. finn youre probably reading this, maybe add an ikara in there? i know a couple friends who had trouble with making the prop just cause they havent rly done much prop making before and the overall kit was just hard for them to build, so by adding that it might relieve some of the difficulty theyre having
it's not about the medals; go out there and have fun. make progress, learn a few things and have one heck of a time; that's all that matters.

coachchuckaahs
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: NM

Post by coachchuckaahs »

If you watch Josh's videos and read his comments, he plans to go Ikara in the future, and is going to simplify the build.

Coach Chuck
Coach, Albuquerque Area Home Schoolers Flying Events
Nationals Results:
2016 C WS 8th place
2018 B WS 2nd place
2018 C Heli Champion
2019 B ELG 3rd place
2019 C WS Champion
AMA Results: 3 AAHS members qualify for US Jr Team in F1D, 4 new youth senior records
klastyioer

Post by klastyioer »

coachchuckaahs wrote:If you watch Josh's videos and read his comments, he plans to go Ikara in the future, and is going to simplify the build.

Coach Chuck
oh cool i just dont read the comments lol thanks for letting me know i think thats a great move

Maxout
Has thanked: 0

Post by Maxout »

klastyioer wrote:
coachchuckaahs wrote:If you watch Josh's videos and read his comments, he plans to go Ikara in the future, and is going to simplify the build.

Coach Chuck
oh cool i just dont read the comments lol thanks for letting me know i think thats a great move

I'm going to briefly drop into J&H Aerospace rep mode because I think it's relevant here. I generally try to avoid wearing that hat here since it's a misuse of the forum. We aren't selling stuff on here. That said, my entire purpose for being here is to further indoor flying. That happens to also be the entire reason J&H Aerospace exists in the first place. So the bottom line is that I want as much input as possible as often as possible. We really do make changes midstream to products because this isn't about making money, but rather about providing the best product we can. I made a lot of mistakes on the Senior Flyer, and part of that was that its original purpose was to meet a request by a specific SO team, and I never drifted from that set of objectives. I wish now that I had, as the tandem Senior Flyer I recently developed represents a jump in performance combined with far easier building. I reckon I'll have all of next season to implement those changes under completely different rules. :D :D :D
Josh Finn

Return to “Wright Stuff C”