Circuit Lab B/C

Adi1008
Division: Grad
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Circuit Lab B/C

Post by Adi1008 »

cqcumbr wrote: February 15th, 2020, 8:25 pm Has anyone seen the Thevenin & Norton equivalent circuits on any tests (div B)? It’s on the national list of topics, but I haven’t seen it on any tests (regionals, invys).
Check out the Circuit Lab B test from the 2019 UT Invitational, which was written by windu34, ashernoel, and Roger Zhong!

Also, I think the Centerville B test also might have had Thevenin & Norton equivalents, but I'm not sure off the top of my head.
Stanford University
University of Texas at Austin '22
Seven Lakes High School '18
Beckendorff Junior High '14
AwesomeSauceis1
Division: C
Has thanked: 0

Post by AwesomeSauceis1 »

We saw it at Jeffrey Trail rip
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Umaroth »

AwesomeSauceis1 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 8:49 pm We saw it at Jeffrey Trail rip
You saw a lot of things at Jeffrey Trail circuits lol, especially when it's the Troy team + a Solon person writing the test. Btw congrats on making states!
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
AwesomeSauceis1

Post by AwesomeSauceis1 »

Umaroth wrote: February 15th, 2020, 9:04 pm
AwesomeSauceis1 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 8:49 pm We saw it at Jeffrey Trail rip
You saw a lot of things at Jeffrey Trail circuits lol, especially when it's the Troy team + a Solon person writing the test. Btw congrats on making states!
Yeah it was definitely crazy. Good prep tho.
Thanks, our entire team was so excited. By 3 points too...
cqcumbr
Division: B
State: HI
Been thanked: 0

Post by cqcumbr »

Adi1008 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 8:40 pm
cqcumbr wrote: February 15th, 2020, 8:25 pm Has anyone seen the Thevenin & Norton equivalent circuits on any tests (div B)? It’s on the national list of topics, but I haven’t seen it on any tests (regionals, invys).
Check out the Circuit Lab B test from the 2019 UT Invitational, which was written by windu34, ashernoel, and Roger Zhong!

Also, I think the Centerville B test also might have had Thevenin & Norton equivalents, but I'm not sure off the top of my head.
Thanks!
Iolani Div. B
2019-2021 Events:
Crime Busters
Water Quality
Circuit Lab
Boomilever?
cilo2
State: FL

Post by cilo2 »

imaditi wrote: December 11th, 2019, 4:52 pm
cilo2 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 11:23 am In my Circuit Lab binder, there is a section that says "Shock Value/Circuit Lab." I am fairly certain that it was printed from some website and put into the binder. On a sticky note on the title page, it says "already in the binder." Does anyone know where I can find this pdf?
If you go to the scioly wiki there are a few tests underneath the Shock Value name in 2014 (circuit lab was called Shock Value in 2014).
found it, thanks
mynameisbob
State: TN

Post by mynameisbob »

I was looking at the posted tests for Circuit Lab B and specifically the one posted by "Misha" (#19 in the test exchange) for the Scioly Summer Study Session. The key doesn't appear to match the test. Does anyone know how/where to get the correct key?
Thanks.
EwwPhysics
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by EwwPhysics »

dreamtx01 wrote: January 31st, 2020, 12:11 pm Team participated in an invitational on circuit lab B, and I noticed some emphasis was placed on logic/boolean operations. The syllabus for division B says otherwise. "The syllabus says Division C only: Basic logic and digital logic operations "
I also noticed some of the past papers for circuit B to also have boolean operations

Is it something the team needs to study going forward in preparation for the regionals? or is there a miscommunication between the people setting the tests and the people who created the syllabus?
Invitationals often don't follow the rules exactly, and can have stuff way harder than would be allowed to come up on a regionals or states test. I would know the very basics just in case, but you should file an appeal if something not on the rules is on a regionals or states test.
Lower Merion Captain '24
Cell bio, code, disease, forensics
Cell bio, codebusters, disease, envirochem (and widi, chem lab) 
Protein Modeling - 1st @ nats
Disease Detectives - 4th @ nats
Designer Genes - 1st @ states
Also fossils, widi, circuit
Krish2007
State: TX

Post by Krish2007 »

Adi1008 wrote: February 15th, 2020, 8:40 pm

I can confirm there was one question on Thevenin equivalent circuits at Centerville, but it only asked for the Thevenin resistance. There were no Norton equivalent questions at Centerville.
Seven Lakes High School '25
Beckendorff Junior High '21
MoMoney$$$;)0)
State: OH

Post by MoMoney$$$;)0) »

I'm unsure of what to expect for a riegonals lab. Any suggestions of good lab practice. I've seen many types of lab's at several competitions like simple resistance of resistor, and voltage drop; but also things I've never heard of like an R2R ladder until the test (Solon). I just needed an opinion on what might be on a competitive regional test Lab section. Thanks!
Division C - Northeast Ohio
Gravity Vehicle
Machines
Detector Building
Circuit Lab
Protein Modeling

2019-2020 Medal Count: 5 :cry:
"Don't be upset by the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do'
Memberships: Builder Cult

Return to “2020 Lab Events”