Circuit Lab B/C

jaggie34
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Circuit Lab B/C

Post by jaggie34 »

cqcumbr wrote: August 29th, 2020, 9:48 pm Does anyone have a list of the subjects/concepts/etc. that they have seen on circuit lab tests (common and uncommon)?
Most tests I've taken focus on DC circuit analysis, electrostatics, magnetism, with some boolean algebra/digital logic, and some specifics on different components
Boca Raton High School -> Georgia Tech
It's About Time writer/co-writer: Golden Gate, Georgia States
Ping Pong Parachute co-ES: MIT
Florida Game On C and Fermi Questions C champion!
and Circuit Lab too I guess
EwwPhysics
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Circuit Lab B/C

Post by EwwPhysics »

jaggie34 wrote: August 31st, 2020, 8:18 am
cqcumbr wrote: August 29th, 2020, 9:48 pm Does anyone have a list of the subjects/concepts/etc. that they have seen on circuit lab tests (common and uncommon)?
Most tests I've taken focus on DC circuit analysis, electrostatics, magnetism, with some boolean algebra/digital logic, and some specifics on different components
Also, they're division B, so probably minimal boolean logic (I've seen a couple basic questions, but not at competitions that I went to, only practice tests). I'd say a typical test has some magnetism, trivia and history, a lot of basic circuit analysis questions, and 1 or 2 more complex circuit analysis questions (eg. finding current in a parallel circuit). Division B only has veryyy simple questions on AC, if any (I've only ever seen stuff like "do batteries produce AC or DC" and similar "what does this appliance use, AC or DC" questions).
The lab portion tends to be something like "make these LEDs light up" or "find the resistance of these resistors based on the resistance bands."
Lower Merion Captain '24
Cell bio, code, disease, forensics
Cell bio, codebusters, disease, envirochem (and widi, chem lab) 
Protein Modeling - 1st @ nats
Disease Detectives - 4th @ nats
Designer Genes - 1st @ states
Also fossils, widi, circuit

Return to “2020 Lab Events”