Sounds of Music C

brookeklynn
Division: C
State: ND
Has thanked: 0

Re: Sounds of Music C

Post by brookeklynn »

In my experience with the sound of music event the hardest part was constructing the instrument. The test was easy due to my previous knowledge of music theory. I see lots of posts on here questioning if you need formulas to help complete the test but in fact there were no problems given.
Giantpants
Division: Grad
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Sounds of Music C

Post by Giantpants »

brookeklynn wrote: March 26th, 2020, 12:10 pm In my experience with the sound of music event the hardest part was constructing the instrument. The test was easy due to my previous knowledge of music theory. I see lots of posts on here questioning if you need formulas to help complete the test but in fact there were no problems given.
I would disagree, as in my experience with the event there were always plenty of questions on tests which made use of formulas, and if we didn't have any at all, doing well would be quite hard. A Sounds of Music test that doesn't make use of a single formula seems like it would definitely be a rare and extreme case, most good ones I've seen are generally a healthy mix between music theory and physics!

Also I found the instrument generally easier, as we were able to get it done once early in the season and never alter it save for minor tuning once during the season, but that's just in my experience lol. Always interesting to hear different perspectives on the event!
Haverford College, Class of 2024!
Former President, Kellenberg, 2018-2020
Bro. Joseph Fox, 2014-2017

Events I'm Writing in 2023: Sounds of Music, Rocks and Minerals
Events I've Written in Years Past: Geologic Mapping, Remote Sensing
Giantpants's Userpage

Return to “2020 Lab Events”