Game On B

jillkay
Division: B
State: FL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Game On B

Post by jillkay »

I'm wondering if Florida is the only one who changed the Game On rules? Now you can bring in a cheat sheet and send over sprites for competition. So basically, you can make a game, send the sprites, screenshot the code, print the code, then copy the code and sprites into your game. It kinda took the charm from the event and now it's not as enjoyable anymore. I've been good at Game On and now if I don't make any sprites or cheat sheets I may be bested.
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by LittleMissNyan »

jillkay wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 11:31 am I'm wondering if Florida is the only one who changed the Game On rules? Now you can bring in a cheat sheet and send over sprites for competition. So basically, you can make a game, send the sprites, screenshot the code, print the code, then copy the code and sprites into your game. It kinda took the charm from the event and now it's not as enjoyable anymore. I've been good at Game On and now if I don't make any sprites or cheat sheets I may be bested.
......dang yeah I think so, plus side you can make something super complicated like a platformer and I guess it means you know how to code? minus side it takes all the fun out of it and makes it just a copying competition
Meanwhile in Maryland we have vanilla rules and the adventures of bob the drop
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
TheScienceGuy
Division: B
State: NC
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheScienceGuy »

Ethanscioly wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 11:54 am So, in case anybody is interested, created a Scratch studio where you can put any Game On tests or recreations.
Here's the link if you'd like to join:
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/25297339/

It doesn't have a profile picture yet but I'm working on making one
Hey! This is cool! I'll show this to my partner - It's a shame it doesn't have more people; although you need to set it so that people other than curators can add projects so that you can get a larger group submitting projects to it.
jillkay wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 11:31 am I'm wondering if Florida is the only one who changed the Game On rules? Now you can bring in a cheat sheet and send over sprites for competition. So basically, you can make a game, send the sprites, screenshot the code, print the code, then copy the code and sprites into your game. It kinda took the charm from the event and now it's not as enjoyable anymore. I've been good at Game On and now if I don't make any sprites or cheat sheets I may be bested.
Yeah, I think Florida is. I know that NC didn't change it, but yeah... that kinda sucks :(
Last edited by gz839918 on August 20th, 2020, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: combined double post into single post

Return to “2020 Lab Events”