Road Scholar B

dhairyaa123
Has thanked: 0

Re: Road Scholar B

Post by dhairyaa123 »

Also is there any place where you guys get free hardcopies of maps that are used in practice tests?I am not able to find them and we really need them?Thanks!
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by LittleMissNyan »

dhairyaa123 wrote: December 8th, 2019, 8:58 am I have a question?? What does the following rule mean :"and hard copies of other information in any form and from any source along with colored marking devices consistent with the colors utilized on USGS Topographic maps". Like I have a binder full of information and im not sure what colored marking devices are??What colors do I use??Please help!!Thanks
Basically just colored pencils in the colors that the maps are printed on (black, blue, green, red, brown, and purple) because you may be using these to make a map
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
foxfire
Division: B
State: CA
Been thanked: 0

Post by foxfire »

dhairyaa123 wrote: December 8th, 2019, 10:34 am Also is there any place where you guys get free hardcopies of maps that are used in practice tests?I am not able to find them and we really need them?Thanks!
Some of the practice tests I found on the Internet had electronic maps included. Others referenced specific maps that you can get from places like USGS and Amazon, but those would cost money.
PKinakin
State: FL

Post by PKinakin »

SleepyBird wrote: October 16th, 2019, 5:48 am Does anyone know which AAA map we will be needing this year?

Thanks so much!

Normally you will not know which AAA map you will be needing each year until the actual invitationals / competitions.
Fanglin
Division: C
State: CA

Post by Fanglin »

I suppose it means colored pencils or whatever you prefer for color. They recently implimented the use of colors on the map drawing portions, and it'd be good to always have a few common colors on you: Blue, Green, Red, Brown, Yellow, Purple (for photorevisions). I don't think you'd need anything beyond that.
Problems are better pursued with General Electric GE90-115 engines.

2016 Nats:
Road Scholar:4th 8-)
Bottle Rockets: 9th
Meteorology: 11th
Gliders: 21st

(other events: Green Gen, Crime Busters, Helicopters, Hovercraft, Air trajectory)

Former Cheesehead
drcubbin
Division: B
State: NY

Post by drcubbin »

In checking the schedule of events for next year's SO Summer Institute, one of my former Olympians saw that Road Scholar is not listed as one of the scheduled events for 2020-21. Anyone hear about this?
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

drcubbin wrote: January 18th, 2020, 4:34 pm In checking the schedule of events for next year's SO Summer Institute, one of my former Olympians saw that Road Scholar is not listed as one of the scheduled events for 2020-21. Anyone hear about this?
That is strange. My best guess for replacement is Awesome Aquifers, which is an interesting choice.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: IN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by CPScienceDude »

rip road scholar. will be missed :(
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
iShinDasani
State: FL

Post by iShinDasani »

Does anybody have any test sets which they are willing to post for free?
“There are approximately 1,010,300 words in the English language, but I could never string enough words together to properly explain how much I want to hit you with a chair.”
~Alexander Hamilton
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by builderguy135 »

iShinDasani wrote: February 11th, 2020, 11:52 am Does anybody have any test sets which they are willing to post for free?
4 tests can be found on my wiki userpage (JTK Scrimmage, Raymond Park, Rustin, JT Invy).

Link
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North '22
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage

Return to “2020 Study Events”