Dynamic Planet B/C

BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Post by BennyTheJett »

What's everyone's opinions about replaying specifically Dynamic Planet next year?
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
IHateClouds
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by IHateClouds »

BennyTheJett wrote: April 8th, 2020, 7:24 pm What's everyone's opinions about replaying specifically Dynamic Planet next year?
even though its not practical, i dislike any event being in for two years and DP is no different. however, considering that some events are in every year without being too terrible (even if its boring to do an event for three years. @expd) and DP used to be two year rotations hopefully it wont be a game of who can get the most trivia.... hopefully....its honestly just good that this will only be the event's second and not third year. i never did DP when it was two years rotations, but it seems like the rules stayed about the same.
i'm kind of disappointed that the topic didn't change because part of the fun of DP is learning about that earth system, and the stuff i have left to learn about oceans are a lot more out there and im kinda having a hard time justifying studying like the intricacies of blind estuaries. on the other hand, i really love oceanography! so on the other hand, im happy its staying :D
jimmy-bond
State: OH

Post by jimmy-bond »

Oceanography is fun, but I can't do DP next year. My partner was absolutely bored of it by the first invite and wants tectonics back. However, I'm fine with oceanography staying because now I can teach our feeder middle schoolers about it. I got the parasite achievement in tectonics and still don't know jack about it.
These users thanked the author jimmy-bond for the post:
drcubbin (August 10th, 2020, 9:54 am)
PCHS, HI '21 | CWRU, OH '25
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)
AlfWeg
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MI

Post by AlfWeg »

am i only one who thought tectonics was basically just a topic inside of oceanography when it rotated in. I swear I already knew like 90% of it from oceano
Slauson'16 Pio'20 UM'24

AlfWeg's Userpage
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by BennyTheJett »

I did tectonics before oceans, but I agree that the content lines up a lot. I also think that tectonics and earthquakes and volcanoes had a lot of overlap, so I'm glad E+V was removed.
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
SilverBreeze
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Post by SilverBreeze »

BennyTheJett wrote: April 9th, 2020, 3:31 pm I did tectonics before oceans, but I agree that the content lines up a lot. I also think that tectonics and earthquakes and volcanoes had a lot of overlap, so I'm glad E+V was removed.
Unrelated, but speaking of content line-ups, I've spent a few WQ practice tests mentally screeching at the screen "This is not meant to be a DP test!" The rules are pretty well-written in terms of avoiding too much overlap, but test-writers mixing up the two can still make things a little frustrating.

It goes both ways, I guess. I've been tossed into DP as filler for a few invites and just looked over the test for bio questions.
Troy SciOly 2019 - 2023
Captain 2021-2023
Former Events: Ecology, Water Quality, Green Gen, Ornithology, Forestry, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Chem Lab, Env Chem, Sounds, Dynamic Planet, Crime Busters, Potions & Poisons, Exp Design, Towers, Mystery Arch, Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible
jimmy-bond
State: OH

Post by jimmy-bond »

SilverBreeze wrote: April 9th, 2020, 11:40 pmUnrelated, but speaking of content line-ups, I've spent a few WQ practice tests mentally screeching at the screen "This is not meant to be a DP test!" The rules are pretty well-written in terms of avoiding too much overlap, but test-writers mixing up the two can still make things a little frustrating.

It goes both ways, I guess. I've been tossed into DP as filler for a few invites and just looked over the test for bio questions.
Ok I'm not the only one who noticed this lol. I figured this would happen, so as a precaution, I took up both events, plus most of the people doing DP at our middle school are also in WQ. Also, there's this one question about a scuba diver looking up and seeing a certain area of sky that I've seen on a DP, WQ, AND Forensics test. Exact wording and everything. Sometimes life is whack.
PCHS, HI '21 | CWRU, OH '25
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)

Return to “2020 Study Events”