Designer Genes C

jaspattack
Division: Grad
State: MO

Re: Designer Genes C

Post by jaspattack »

astronomybuff wrote: May 24th, 2020, 6:50 am Hey,
I'm a rising freshman, and one of the events I will be trying out for is definitely designer genes. I plan to study for this event and astronomy over the summer. For this event, is reading the appropriate chapters of Campbell biology and taking some practice tests enough to make the JV team (my school's kinda smart, so almost no one makes varsity in 9th)? Of course, if I make it, I will do more in depth studying, but is what I said above enough to just make my school JV team?
Yes, at least in my opinion. Obviously every school is different but Campbell is a really good resource that'll help immensely. There are also other sources like Bioknowledgy and Bioninja that I discussed earlier in this thread that can be useful as well (especially with practice), assuming you're in the right sections. The fact that you're studying at all gives me hope - even in "smart schools" plenty of people try and cram things last minute, and don't really care whether or not they make the team/do well in their events/etc. Work hard for it and you'll do well!
CHS '21 // Mizzou '25 | Jaspattack's Userpage

2020-21 Events: Designer Genes, Forensics, Ornithology, Protein Modeling

I edit the wiki sometimes.
astronomybuff
Division: C
State: NC

Post by astronomybuff »

jaspattack wrote: May 24th, 2020, 10:41 am
I'm a rising freshman, and one of the events I will be trying out for is definitely designer genes. I plan to study for this event and astronomy over the summer. For this event, is reading the appropriate chapters of Campbell biology and taking some practice tests enough to make the JV team (my school's kinda smart, so almost no one makes varsity in 9th)? Of course, if I make it, I will do more in depth studying, but is what I said above enough to just make my school JV team?
Yes, at least in my opinion. Obviously every school is different but Campbell is a really good resource that'll help immensely. There are also other sources like Bioknowledgy and Bioninja that I discussed earlier in this thread that can be useful as well (especially with practice), assuming you're in the right sections. The fact that you're studying at all gives me hope - even in "smart schools" plenty of people try and cram things last minute, and don't really care whether or not they make the team/do well in their events/etc. Work hard for it and you'll do well!
Alright, thanks!
ALISAWEAVER
Division: Grad
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ALISAWEAVER »

astronomybuff wrote: May 28th, 2020, 8:44 am
jaspattack wrote: May 24th, 2020, 10:41 am
Alright, thanks!
Like Bioninja, one of my favorite recourse, a lot of slideshows were downloaded

Return to “2020 Study Events”