Dowel

azariah
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dowel

Post by azariah »

Rule 3d says "An approximately 1/4" round wooden dowel must be attached to the front of the vehicle. When the vehicle is placed flat on the floor, the dowel must be approximately perpendicular to the floor, extend to within 1.0 cm of the floor, and extend at least 20.0 cm above the floor. The dowel must be easily accessible by the Event Supervisor - no part of the vehicle except the drive arm and drive string, may extend more than 0.5 cm beyond the front of the dowel. The dowel's front bottom edge will be the Vehicle's Measurement Point for distance measurements."

Even if I attach the dowel to as much to the front of the vehicle as I can, on the body of the vehicle, the wheel extends about 4.5 cm (which is more than 0.5 cm) beyond the front of the dowel. Will this be considered as non-conformance to the rule?

Thanks
FiveW's
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dowel

Post by FiveW's »

azariah wrote: January 25th, 2020, 9:27 pm Rule 3d says "An approximately 1/4" round wooden dowel must be attached to the front of the vehicle. When the vehicle is placed flat on the floor, the dowel must be approximately perpendicular to the floor, extend to within 1.0 cm of the floor, and extend at least 20.0 cm above the floor. The dowel must be easily accessible by the Event Supervisor - no part of the vehicle except the drive arm and drive string, may extend more than 0.5 cm beyond the front of the dowel. The dowel's front bottom edge will be the Vehicle's Measurement Point for distance measurements."

Even if I attach the dowel to as much to the front of the vehicle as I can, on the body of the vehicle, the wheel extends about 4.5 cm (which is more than 0.5 cm) beyond the front of the dowel. Will this be considered as non-conformance to the rule?

Thanks
Yes, I believe depending on how rigid the supervisor is and if they actually follow the rules that would be a building violation, obviously some wouldn't notice/care enough.
Avocado's Law

Return to “Mousetrap Vehicle B”